What foods do or did you have trouble giving up?

Options
battyg13
battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
As the topic says. just wondering what people hated having to give up. for me it was crisps. or potato chips for you americans out there :-P

Replies

• Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble giving up my southern comfort...:ohwell: :drinker:
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    ALL of my favourite junk food but especially takeaway pizza's and crisps :sad:
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Why are you giving foods up?
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I gave up cheese and don't miss it. (of course I could eat it on odd occasion socially). I used to eat loads every day and love it.
    Its just handy to eliminate a high fat, high calorie part of my diet ,that was part of my being fat problem.

Its quantities I have trouble limiting , not particular foods in general!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Pork pies! I love savoury pastry stodgy stuff :embarassed: I used to have this weird compulsion to buy a 2-pack of small pork pies pretty much every time I went to the supermarket or petrol station. Still get the urge but haven't succumbed for a while now.
  • wrentrotter
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything, I would feel deprived if I gave up things I like entirely, and it would probably lead to me binging. I just eat smaller amounts of the "bad" stuff, or save them for workout days when I can eat a bit more.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely eliminated anything from my diet - it's a matter of portion control. I love my Cool Ranch Doritos and still indulge myself occasionally with a small serving - just be mindful of your total caloric goals and you can continue to enjoy all types of food.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My mum's brownie.

Since Coeliac-diagnosis everyone around me can have it, but I can't. I've tried every substitute recipe, but alas, no replacement. And it was the best brownie ever, too. :'(

But I can still have bacon, so yeah. Bacon.

1341718008699.jpg
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    can we have a bigger picture of bacon please Howl? :-P
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Now that I know the true nutritional profile of pizza, I can't bring myself to eat it most of the time (even though I love it, and would eat it every day if I could). I let myself have pizza once every month or two, but somehow, knowing what a calorie and fat bomb it is has kind of taken the joy out of pizza for me.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I always have a cheat day once a week.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up as such, just cut down.
    I am having trouble giving up my southern comfort...:ohwell: :drinker:

I love southern comfort!!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    can we have a bigger picture of bacon please Howl? :-P

Couldn't find one. :(

Or a way of resizing, btw.
  • Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I always have a cheat day once a week.

This ^^
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    french fries =( i am insulin resistant so got to keep my carbs low
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things I would have trouble giving up, eg. chocolate, cheese, hot buttered toast (especially if the bread's homemade). Luckily, I'm not allergic or intolerant to anything, or diabetic or anything like that, so I haven't had to give anything up and still regularly enjoy all the foods I like.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods because they're "bad". I have temporarily taken a break from certain foods such as Nutella due to my own self control issues.
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    ALCOHOL!

It's ruining my progress, but I'm still not ready to give it up (n.b. I only drink on 2 or 3 days max most weeks....but heavily at weekends! )

I guess the contrubiting factors to my drinking are the late night kebabs, the hangover greasy-carborific-cravings and lack of ability to exercise! Dohhh!

YOLO! :-)
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds, chips, any thing drench in sat fat, I have a cheat day but Ive given up so much crap i used to put in my body! the thought of eating the stuff that i used to eat makes me cringe! x
  • vanessadsilva
    Options
    Doughnuts :( I miss them :(