Does this look ok for starting out?

Options
Hi all, hoping you can give me some help. Am just swapping from a misguided clean eating approach to tracking calories and needing to move myself more. I am 39, live in rural Scotland (so loads of hill walks nearby) and have a dog (except the motivation to walk him not there as much as usual as he goes to work with my husband who gardens on large country estates all day long). I have a horse too, and ride almost every day. In theory, you can burn 500 cals an hour in rising trot. In reality I don't trot him for an hour (he's middle aged for a start) and he tends to lack confidence in jumping so we don't jump as much as I'd like.

How does this look to get me started? On weekdays I could try to alternate between weights in the gym, and something different like swimming? I have free use of fantastic facilities as I work in a University.

On top of this should I get up earlier and walk my dog (the walk from our house is 20 minutes but hilly)?

Here is the plan devised for a few months ago in the gym (you guessed it, I fell off the wagon):

rc1vzohjv0lh.jpg

I don't want to go nuts over exercise as I know this sets me up to fail. But perhaps lifting is good for making sure my body looks good (not saggy) when I lose the weight? (max 2 stone).

Also any ideas for a workout on youtube I can do on the days I can't make it in? Not one like 20 day shred where you have to invest in something and feel like you're failing if you miss a day...

Replies

• leanne_townsend
    leanne_townsend Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    p.s. with the above plan, I choose ONE of the cardio options once I've done the weights.