changed my setting to refelct my weight loss now I am confused, also need help entering excersise!

blue_eyes1978
blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So when I first started here I entered my weight 206 and my height 5'9" and my goal calories were 2070 I usually fell below that amount.
I started entering my walking because that was easy to record. I have a variety of work out Dvd's some aerobic dance, Denise Austin cardio sculpt and burn , Denise Austin boot camp and Lindsay Brims postnatal boot camp just to name a few.

So I am trying to figure out how to log my dvd work out sessions and part of my exercise. I try and do something out of my dvd collection each day some days over the week end I do not as I tend to try to stick to walking then.
So any way I changed my settings updated my current weight which is now 194 and I haven't shrank so I'm still 5'9" and my food goal is 1290 calories. I guess this is net so I am so confused.

In order to see how much I burn for my work outs I need to log them and hopefully fall where I need to stay with in my goals. I did change my activity level to sedentary because even though I feel like I am busy I have accessed my activity to be more idle as my kids are home. I find I am walking around just to stand and watch them play I need to start carrying a jump rope of doing squats to be more active I guess. I do take a nice walk during the day started at a little over a mile and plan to work my way up to 4miles.

I am not impressed with my loss at this point I have been really trying hard to stay with in my goal on mfp I have lost a little but I have been working on this since January and have added work outs and walking and I guess I hoped to see more results by now. I seem to be eating healthier even adding low fat mayo and dressings in where I would not have been before. Walking and work outs that I wasn't doing before.

I have come to realize that laying on my belly to strengthen back muscles are something I can't do. I spent the weekend recouping from my work out on Thursday and my low back still feels bummed. I am looking for some guidance here Thanks!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    log the dvd workouts as circut training.

Did you change your weekly weight loss goal too? To 2lbs a week?

remember you don't need to exercise to lose weight just stay in a reasonable deficit...

and just for ease of reading please next time get some breaks in that big wall of text...not trying to be mean but that was a hard read.

• blue_eyes1978
    SezxyStef wrote: »

remember you don't need to exercise to lose weight just stay in a reasonable deficit...

and just for ease of reading please next time get some breaks in that big wall of text...not trying to be mean but that was a hard read.

Thanks I see what you mean looking back it is a big mess. :wink:

I am not really understanding how to enter them as circuits I have seen people telling others to do the same I just don't get it I login into strength or cardio and enter circuits and how long sorry.... I am easily confused lol!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Thanks I see what you mean looking back it is a big mess. :wink:

I am not really understanding how to enter them as circuits I have seen people telling others to do the same I just don't get it I login into strength or cardio and enter circuits and how long sorry.... I am easily confused lol!!

in your exercise diary under cardio search circuit training click on the one in the black box and enter the time and adjust for your weight of course
    kucshcm5r1zn.png
  • blue_eyes1978
    Thanks so much fro helping me, I have tired in the past to enter these I must have been trying in the wrong area. I was seeing how much I could burn but never getting to actually enter them. I appreciate you taking the time to show me this step by step. :smiley: Now what's the difference in general and curves circuits?

Should I log all of my dvd work outs as circuits? and should I included the warm up and cool down as a part of my total time.. Sorry so many questions I just really want to see me make this work and see a huge pay off to all my efforts :) Thanks for everything!!