21 Day Fix?

Options
What is the '21 Day Fix'? Does it cost money? Is there a certain meal plan for it? Does it work?

Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too, I'll tag along to learn more :)
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a free lunch... Check out Beachbody for pricing. I bought just the portion fix containers instead of the whole program and I pair the nutrition plan with p90x3 workouts. Seems to be working but anything will work if you are eating whole / clean foods, eating at a deficit and working out.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    To lose weight, anything will work as long as you are eating at a deficit, actually.
    ETA: I don't know what a 21 day fix is, but it sounds rather gimmicky. Does it mean everything is supposed to be fixed in 21 days? Highly unlikely. For changes to last, they have to be long term.
  • kjdaniel06
    kjdaniel06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All of this is true but I feel like if maybe there was a plan for me to follow, eating and exercise, I could maybe get on the right track and a routine. I have a gym membership but I NEVER have time to go. I can't afford a personal trainer like some of my family members, so maybe some kind of plan would work for me and I'm not sure what is the best way for me to get started.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix comes with 30 min workouts for 7 days a week and meal containers. I think it costs around $60 and it absolutely works but it's really hard to stick to. The idea is that you form a habit in 21 days
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do not use it as a "21 days all my weight problems will be gone solution", but the containers are designed to show you how much of each food group to eat in each day. Proper nutrition paired with exercise does work no matter if it is through a nutrition / workout dvd program or figuring out how to eat the right portions of the right foods on your own and working out accordingly or get/ stay moving in your own way.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    It's a portion control plan, but basically it's a ripoff. You can use a food scale and portion out your food far more accurately than cramming cheese into the dairy container. The closer you are to your goal, the less helpful it is going to be for you since you'll need to be more accurate than, "fill the carb container." Some foods are more calorie dense and can be completely inaccurate in the allocated container. Another issue is that 21 Day Fix is by the same scammy people who make Shakeology. 1. Do you want to give those people your money? 2. The 21 day fix meal plan has Shakeology for breakfast every day.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It's a portion control plan, but basically it's a ripoff. You can use a food scale and portion out your food far more accurately than cramming cheese into the dairy container. The closer you are to your goal, the less helpful it is going to be for you since you'll need to be more accurate than, "fill the carb container." Some foods are more calorie dense and can be completely inaccurate in the allocated container. Another issue is that 21 Day Fix is by the same scammy people who make Shakeology. 1. Do you want to give those people your money? 2. The 21 day fix meal plan has Shakeology for breakfast every day.

This, plus do you want to be cleaning containers all the time? Just make your meals a combination of protein and fiber, weigh everything on a scale, enter it into MFP, and eat less than you burn.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    my wife is doing it now. She has lost 9lbs. Its basically a way to teach you portion control. But i convinced her to stop the shakeology and just take optimum nutrition natural protein powder and a multivitamin.
  • ladybluu562
    ladybluu562 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    21 day fix sounds promising. Pre measured cups, so you make meals without even having to think. You can find a deal on eBay if your looking to buy. I was going to buy this but I already bought a program that worked for me, but stop doing it, which I regret, but I believe you suppose to get some kind of results like every 21 days, because I seen them say "she did 4 rounds" which means 21 4 times. Truthfully any "diet" or program that lets you have protein and carbs, is a winner. I also heard they had a zero calorie meal, like seriously, you be eating and loosing all kinds of weight with that! Then how much you weigh, will determine how many calories you'll eat for a whole day. Can you tell I did extensive researching? I was so tempted to buy! :D It's a win win, especially with the workout DVDs.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It absolutely works. But you can buy the containers alone, or you can just use measuring cups. You can find out online which color is what amount. Like the green and purple are 1 cup, the yellow is 1/2 cup etc. It is very effective for someone who NEEDS structure to stick to and spending money gives them an extra incentive to stick to it. Most people repeat the rounds for infinity.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    ANY plan can work IF you follow it consistently and persistently over the long haul. I think the 21 day fix is a good program to HELP teach portion control and HELP you learn to eat the right foods. The workouts aren't crazy and there is a modifier. No, the program doesn't promise you'll be where you want to be in 21 days. The program lasts for 21 days AND can be repeated as many times as you want (lots of the testimonials for the program show that folks have completed more than one cycle...some have completed 10 or more cycles). Keep in mind that ANY program, to be successful, has to be followed for the long haul. This is about making lifestyle changes and NOT looking for a quick fix. The 21 day fix program can HELP you either get started with your journey or its something you can do repeatedly to pursue your desired goal AND maintain it. Like others have said, there are A TON of other programs that work if you follow them. Find a program that you think you can and will follow...and then get going with it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Geeze just buy a food scale and measure out your food portions on your own. Save a heck of a lot of money.

No wonder the diet industry makes billions of dollars every year. People will buy anything.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was going to try it, but the price turned me away from it (over $100 for entire program) I think it may be better to just watch my portions, workout, and save the money. You can buy container sets at any store that will say on the box how much they hold and use those if you need portion control. Also try some of the cheaper 30 days workout programs like the 30 Day shred, and eat real food. I'm not speaking against the 21 day fix, I'm just trying to say I'm cheap and there are cheaper ways to do things. ;)

The shakeology mix is pretty good, but if you want the shakes there are some similar products out there that can fill it's place for 1/3 the price as well. I'm personally not a big fan of the shakeology mixes - I got a few samples not too long ago.
  • raven56706
    Options
    shakeology is a waste... just get a whey isolate protein and take a multivitamin. its exactly the same.
  • kjdaniel06
    kjdaniel06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this was so helpful everyone!!! I cannot thank yall enough! I've decided to not buy it because I didn't know it was that much. But like ladybarometer said, im not against it, I'm just a little cheap lol. and I know of don't have the money to spare right now because I am in desperate need of a new car before I start back at college in the fall semester.

But does anyone have a website link or know of anywhere that can tell me how to portion control? I'm horrible at it lol. My husband is a super picky eater and I am not so it's really hard for me to decide what to cook and how much but if I need to cook a separate meal for him, I will. I eat anything except asperagus (sp?). I am also on adderall now so I don't eat much but my mouth is always so dry so I've been sticking to sandwiches, which in sure isn't the best but it's better than eating out for lunch everyday at work. And it's cheaper.

Also, does anyone have smoothie recipes? I love smoothies but I'm not great at making them off of the top of my head. Ps. I LOVE blueberries. lol.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Get a juicer. Juice 1x Mango 1x Apple. Put this juice into a blender, put in 1x banana plus a good handful or more od FROZEN strawberries. Whizz it for a few minutes. Enjoy!
  • raven56706
    Options
    kjdaniel06 wrote: »
    Oh wow this was so helpful everyone!!! I cannot thank yall enough! I've decided to not buy it because I didn't know it was that much. But like ladybarometer said, im not against it, I'm just a little cheap lol. and I know of don't have the money to spare right now because I am in desperate need of a new car before I start back at college in the fall semester.

But does anyone have a website link or know of anywhere that can tell me how to portion control? I'm horrible at it lol. My husband is a super picky eater and I am not so it's really hard for me to decide what to cook and how much but if I need to cook a separate meal for him, I will. I eat anything except asperagus (sp?). I am also on adderall now so I don't eat much but my mouth is always so dry so I've been sticking to sandwiches, which in sure isn't the best but it's better than eating out for lunch everyday at work. And it's cheaper.

Also, does anyone have smoothie recipes? I love smoothies but I'm not great at making them off of the top of my head. Ps. I LOVE blueberries. lol.

blueberries and vanilla protein powder. With light Silk Almond milk vanilla. Thank me later
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    as far as workout plans...military fitness has good ones...men's fitness has all kinds of programs and google “Steve” Javorek ...he was the father to a lot of the stuff that PX90 and Beachbody and Cross Fit...he just didn't market it ....
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Just get a food scale and weigh everything. So much easier that way. And scales are cheap. I think they're under $20 at Target or Wal-Mart.