Unfollowing a post?

Options
missiontofitness
missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
Here's one thing I've never figured out on these boards...

Is there any way to "unfollow" a post? I commented in a thread, and now I get notifications for it all. the. time. I don't have the yellow start ticked off, so I think I just keep getting notifications for this thread because of one post I made months ago. Is there any way to remove notifications for specific threads?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Click on your "bell" and change your preferences for notifications.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    omg is it the "Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT)) thread?" I wish I never posted in that one. I can't get out of it. It's never ending confessions.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

My issue with this is then I don't get notifications for the discussions I WANT to follow.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    omg is it the "Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT)) thread?" I wish I never posted in that one. I can't get out of it. It's never ending confessions.

I feel the same way.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Me too!! And people post to it every other second. It's super annoying.

I tried the instructions the mod gave above, but I only see ways to turn off all notifications. Nothing about opting out of a single thread. :/
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Nope! It's one about bento boxes. And another one about what you ate for dinner (just found that one). Was a fun ride the first few days; now that the threads are thousands of replies long, I just want it to stoppppppppp.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Won't I not get notifications at all then?
    I requested my reply be deleted in one thread; will that remove the notifications if a mod wipes it from the thread?
  • Alluminati
    Options

Nope! It's one about bento boxes. And another one about what you ate for dinner (just found that one). Was a fun ride the first few days; now that the threads are thousands of replies long, I just want it to stoppppppppp.

LMAO! I'm glad I didn't post in that one, although I was tempted and creeped the pics for the first 10 pages or so.

Threads used to roll over after 500 posts. We need that back!
  • missiontofitness
    Options

LMAO! I'm glad I didn't post in that one, although I was tempted and creeped the pics for the first 10 pages or so.

Threads used to roll over after 500 posts. We need that back!

I wish I did what you did. As much as I like seeing dinner posts/recipes, notifications for months on end gets tiring, haha. I wish the rollover feature was still here too! Made threads a lot easier to navigate.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    This is what I do- IDK if it will help you or not.

Change your notification settings with the bell. I star the threads I want to track and then when there is a new post it will show up under the star drop box next to the bell.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea! ^^
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    jyw6o4yapoy2.png

Here are the choices under the bell...note what I did...

PS I am so glad I haven't looked at that confession one....
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I have it set so that I don't get notifications on posts I post in, only in bookmarked posts. It seems to work well for me. I also primarily use the star and from there click on All Bookmarks, then just read the ones I am currently interested in, that have a NEW flag beside them.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to try that out (even though I love how my notifications are set up right now...)

So many notifications today. I don't want to see any more bento ideas or what people ate for dinner. Send help.