How much strength you loose on your lifts while cutting?

Options
2»

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    A 495x7 Squat at a 6 RPE? So, your 1RM is over 600 lbs?
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    The only lift I seemed to have lost strength on is the deadlift...going from pulling 205 no problems to struggling to pull 190. The rest of my lifts just stalled So far.

...is that a normal occurrence or am I doing it wrong?

Lol how many have you lost? I would need to see video of your lifts for confirming. But for me, Yea I go down 25-45 pounds depending

Yeah I'm down 23 lbs so far and my progress is slowing after 3 months. I realize I can only do so much on a deficit though
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    A 495x7 Squat at a 6 RPE? So, your 1RM is over 600 lbs?

Oh hell no. Once did just over 535 but that was more like 5/10, never calculated 1 rm on squats.

I just did it for you, which would make you a very highly competitive squatter. To be clear we are talking a parallel or below squat walked out or unracked from a mono with a barbell (not a smith machine, or any machine for that matter), right?

What do you weigh?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    My numbers aren't huge to begin with- so I think I only lost 5-10 pounds off my lifts- but I'm a light weight as it is.

Still gunning for a 315 DL_ and last max out was 295 (which was down from 305). Squat and bench were both fine.

Oh my! You should be very proud of that. Your def not a light weight! Now I'm embarrassed to even post mine! Lol
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    well, not too sure how you lose 100+ lbs on your 1rm whilst cutting