coffee

Options
i am a coffee addict i will drink it all day and its taking up all my calories i want to cut back and maybe even quit it all together anyone else out there like me with ideas on how you cut back

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    It's not the coffee though, it's the stuff that you're putting in it.

Change that.

Problem solved.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Drink it black, I still enjoy a cup every once in awhile with cream and sugar but 99% of the time I drink black.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Coffee has very few calories.
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee but I take mine black so it doesn't make much of a dent in my calories...perhaps cut out the milk/cream?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee too...I have it in the morning and one after lunch and sometimes after dinner.

My rule tho is that I do not drink coffee after I leave the house until I get all my water in.

I have also switched to 10% cream instead of 18%...in Canada it's the difference between coffee cream and cereal cream.

I know if I get a coffee at Tim's it's 130 calories so I get my fix from Kcups...less calories as I can regulate the cream/sugar.

1tsp of sugar, 1tbsp of cream for my first cup then it gets halved for the next cup rinse repeat...4 mugs in the morning as I get ready for work (not full mugs but reheating) and 1 12oz mug after lunch at work...
  • courtneystricker
    courtneystricker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    its the stuff i put in it and i hate black coffee
  • SezxyStef
    Options

I hear you....
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

In that case, you might as well drink milk.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Gotta find the right brew for you. Like anything its an acquired taste. Personally I enjoy the ritual of making the cup and just concentrating on the taste.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

In that case, you might as well drink milk.

why? I use 10% cream and some sugar...180 calories for my coffee...not just one...in my entire morning coffee binge drinking
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking it all day try half of that. Then try cutting back slowly on cream/sugar, or switching to a lower calorie version of it. I use sugar free flavored creamers but even that can add up if you make coffee light. I have two mugs every morning and have cut the creamer so my coffee is still somewhat "dark", and I now like it that way. Anyway don't go cold turkey, you might get migraines until your body adjusts, cutting back slowly prevents that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What do you like to put in it?

I devote 1-1.5 cups of milk to my coffee each day. It's part of my standard calorie budget. I don't mind it because I like the taste and because it helps me meet my protein goal.
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you can't do it black, Find some of the non fat creamers. Me personally don't add the creamer or milk to my log. I have dropped the weight even though I don't count it. I generally don't drink the high calorie lattes or cappucinos that have really high calories and sugar. Best of luck! :)
  • courtneystricker
    courtneystricker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried kust switching to tea
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you cant drop the things you are adding to your coffee why not try and find a lower calorie alternative? Or even better...why not just work it into your daily calorie allowance? :wink:
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have tried going to tea and drink it some but nothing really replaces coffee for me. ;)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol drink less coffee?
  • HodgeKarla00
    HodgeKarla00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Switch to Tea!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee in the morning and switch to tea in the afternoon. I just like the taste and picked up a French press and brew set. A friend of mine gets really fresh Bao Zhong (Oolong).
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    cut out a cup every few days until it's more under control, and ease back on what you add to it. try tea as well. i used to drink a lot of coffee. Now I have no more than two cups a day, often none, but I drink 2-3 cups of tea with a little lemon juice added in almost every day.

remember - you aren't actually a coffee addict - you choose to drink it. ease out of the habit!