Should I Run?

Options
domidatt
domidatt Posts: 28 Member
Hello guys, so I am debating wether or not I should run today on the treadmill. I have this pain in the arch of my foot, I have been running for a week and half straight with no breaks. So perhaps that might be the reason why I have pain. However, I don't want to miss the gym today… so here is my question; Would it be healthy to go for a run today even with the pain?

Thank You all so much !

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Can you do something else today to give your foot a break?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Rest days are very important. If you feel you MUST do something, take a walk.
  • domidatt
    Options
    yes i can do something else, but what should i do?
  • emilygoose33
    emilygoose33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I sprint 5x a week and by week 5 my shin splints were almost excruciating. Then I had to have a week due to a head injury and the next time I ran it was like gliding on water hahaha, I had forgotten what it was like to not run with a constant nagging pain! So now I am going to have a week break every 3 or 4 weeks (I still lost inches off my waist!) Rest days are vital so you don't hurt yourself badly, please give yourself at least one day a week off!
  • domidatt
    Options
    I think i am just going to go for a light jog.
  • VyseN
    VyseN Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is it a sharp pain, and does it hurt when you take a step after sitting/lying down for a while? One of my running buddies ran through the pain and ended up with a pretty bad case of jogger's heel. For him, that ended up as a seven months healing process. If you have any pains, RICE it and if you haven't been running for long, resting is very important to avoid injury.

Edit: Also, are you sure your shoes are good enough? If you absolutely need to do cardio, try cycling instead and let your foot take a break.