Subway discrepancy

Options
lstrader
lstrader Posts: 3 Member
OK....I know I should not have done it....but I did....
I ate an entire 12"..that's a footlong Subway Tuna on whole wheat with mayo, lettuce, cukes, tomatoes.
MFP says the damage is 1900 calories + 2880 sodium..bad...Subway says the exact same sand. is 1060 Cals. + 1800 sodium....not as bad.

Can someone tell me...how bad was I ?????

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Always trust the restaurant. The MFP additions are by users so they can be wrong.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I can tell you for a fact that subways tuna is not 1900 cals. It is higher in cals than a lot of their sandwiches but subways estimate sounds right.
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Does the subway estimate include your condiments/veggies? If so, I'd go with subway. Or if it makes you feel better split the difference between the two and estimate you ate 1400-1500 for the sub. The MFP options are input by users therefore they may not be 100% accurate and could include different toppings, bread, etc.

Also, you aren't bad for eating a whole sub. Make up for it a few days this week and eat a bigger deficit (unless you're at 1200 calories/day). Or just stick to your regular calories and realize you aren't going to lose as much this week as you might next. It's really not a huge deal IMO. Now if you ate 3 12" subs a day, every day that might be "bad" for you.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Make sure the one on subway actually used all the ingredients you had. I know the standard nutrition details over here are for white bread, no sauce, no cheese, so check it's correct. Then take that amount.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It just sounds like an erroneous entry or you arent looking at the right thing. Go with the one thats close to 1000 frim Subway. Its not bad.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can go to their website and customize your sandwich with what you had on it.
    http://www.subway.com/Menu/Product.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&ProductId=14&MenuId=35&MenuTypeId=1
    From what you said, a footlong tuna (no cheese mentioned) on wheat with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers is 1170 calories, 1360mg sodium, 74g fat, 40g protein, 86g carbs.
  • lstrader
    lstrader Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you guys are great. Have had some other discrepancies, and you make me feel better about some of the entries...on day 97 and just taking it a bit at at time so one false move not going to upset the cart.

Thanks for your input.