Help: how do you enter strength exercises to show calories burned??

Options
I understand that calories burned through cardio is faster and easier to measure. But this app can't assume that lifting doesn't burn calories!!??!
When I input the strength exercises (i.e. Kettle bell swings) it just shows a dash '-' where the calories burned count would go.
Any answers ??

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You log it under cardio. It's counterintuitive, I know. The strength section is used to keep a log of things like your reps and weight, but won't calculate calories.

Under cardio, look for an appropriate entry. It'll usually not be super specific (like "squats") but rather, more general (like "calisthenics" or "circuit training" or "strength").
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Under the tab Add Exercise check Cardiovascular and input "Strength training". Then put in the number of minutes of that activity and it will calculate a calories burned amount.
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Like futuremanda, I log strength exercises under cardio also. The first couple times I wear my HRM and stopwatch my time, then create a custom exercise and log it under the appropriate cardio category. After a couple times the average is established and I just time my exercise each day. MakeSometimes it goes longer or shorter depending on the reps/sets I do but the calories are fairly accurate. I also log them under strength so I have a record of what I do each day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    The only way is to wear an HRM and log the calories tracked through cardio.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The only way is to wear an HRM and log the calories tracked through cardio.

HRM's are actually not reliable for weight lifting.