Options
2»

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    [quote="TitaniaEcks;3267562

That's great that you've figured this out. For me, it is the opposite. When I am my best at maintenance is when I am continuing to log and track. When I don't....I convince myself it is okay to go off track and fill my pie hole.

I also don't think that logging means I am obsessed with food. It is pretty much the opposite for me. It takes 3 minutes out of my day to log and that helps me reinforce making good choices.

I get that it may not help others and that's totally understandable, but for me it's an absolute must.

I'm just about at goal, but will track for the rest of my life because colitis has required me to figure out what decided to trigger a flare. Logging using an app has really helped educate my brain and eye for portions and calories.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Very nice!

But you were hardly overweight to begin with, you got to keep that in mind. Probably easier for someone who has never been obese to rely on hunger and satisfaction signals, than someone who was used to eating 4000 calories at one point.

That's an excellent point.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You don't log? I was wondering if I would be able to do that without being a body builder because that is probably the only way I won't gain weight back. 87 days in and I still eat when I'm bored. But then again, I eat a small breakfast and sometimes a small lunch if I'm not too hungry, so I'm open for a big dinner and a couple of snacks. Sometimes I wonder if I will be chained to logging forever. I don't want to have to worry all the time about what is in what I'm eating or avoiding all the good family owned or small restaurants because they aren't in the database. I like logging and all my new friends but I don't want to be chained to this rock for the rest of my life.

I'm a little concerned this time around. The last time I lost this much weight, I didn't log my calories, I just set a goal for about 500 calories per meal and I picked portions that I thought fit that. Occasionally, I would have a snack, when I was feeling particularly hungry (probably because some of my meals weren't a full 500 calories). But this time, I've been logging everything. My concern is that I've become too dependent on the tool. Instead of being able to look at what's on my plate and say, "Yeah, that's about right," I pull out the app and start adding everything up. Then, to make it worse, if I see I'm not at my goal for the day, I go raid the refrigerator, even if I'm not hungry.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I personally am so used to logging that i do it instinctively. I can go without logging and be fine as i ive got all the different foods i eat memorized and can mix and match daily to be where i need to be in my calorie goal.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I love hearing success in maintenance stories - well done :smile:
    I tried the not logging for a while last year but I ended up eating more than I needed and gained a little, so despite maintaining for a year I still feel the need to log but it only takes a few mins of my time a day and worth it to keep the weight off. As you say everyone can vouch for different ways to maintain, it's great to find what works for us personally :smile:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • DeeDeeS13
    DeeDeeS13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining and continue to log. As a foodie, the weight creeps back up if I don't keep track of it. It's a pain to log daily, but it helps me to stay at my goal weight. I do know what to eat, and portion size, etc., but it gets out of control if I'm not logging. Would love to be able to maintain without it though.....