Trying to loose weight and get fit

Options
Hi All,

This is my first post here at my fitness pal, I started the C25K program last week and am due to do Week 2 Day 3 tomorrow. I ultimately need to lose 28lbs in weight as I am over weight and I hate it! I was told that C25K probably wouldn't help too much in the way of weight loss but would help in the way of fitness.

Now before anyone mentions the words "Calorie Restrict" I already do that, MFP said I should be eating 1,620 but I had been looking at my calories before thinking about loosing weight, as I was at a loss as to why when I spent 3 weeks in California eating fast food practically everyday and not doing anything strenuous I managed to loose 5 lbs. Yet when I came home that 5 lbs and some went back on >.<! So I looked at what myself and my family were eating, and I was surprised to find that we were eating between 1,300 - 1,600 per day, so by no means have we been over eating. My dad has managed to loose 28+ lbs by just walking 6+ miles a few times a week as well as being in work full time as a nurse. I am a full time carer for my grandmother, and lead a down right lazy lifestyle outside of caring, I spend a lot of time on my computer. It is my fathers belief that my weight gain is because I don't really do any exercise, and not what I eat.

After week 1 of the C25K I hopped on the scales and noticed I'd dropped a pound but I know I need to loose far more than that, and according to the C25K folk it won't happen via that, so I bit the bullet and got the 30 day shred video's. I just completed the first workout and felt like I'd been hit by a steam roller! I'm hoping to stay with C25K but not sure if doing both C25K and 30 day shred is a good idea, I don't want to injure myself by doing too much too soon. What are your thoughts on this?

I also have a stability ball laying around and want to use that at some point too!

Here are my current pictures really not a fan of how I look right now and am really nervous about sharing them.
wNWMQGal.jpg