Calve Pain

Options
Does anyone experience calve Pain while running or walking on the treadmill? I stretch before hand, drink plenty of water and have also tried 10 pairs of different shoes, different brands. Other than having a shoe specifically made for my foot, any other suggestions? Ps,not sure if I spelt calf(calves?) Correctly? Forgive my horrible spelling!!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yoga or a bit of Pilates move might help you out. It really helps me stretch out like nothing else. Worth checking out youtube to see if that helps. Hope it does :):)

Also wondering if it's how you land with your foot..how you strike ... sometimes it can be something as simple as that. We can fix out gait and the pain can often go away on it's own. Is there a trainer you could ask (oops...assuming your at the gym..perhaps you're at home instead?).. sometimes a trainer doesn't mind showing your the proper way and not expect you as a client. Good trainer are open to helping other learn....

OOPS...missing letters and transposing words... it must be bedtime for me. lol
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Try walking in shoes without a raised heel, like Keds or skateboard shoes, or walk in socks or water socks. Most shoes have a raised heel, which activates the calves more.
    Also stretch your calves every single hour for 30+ seconds.
    Post your results after a few days.