Those overeating days

Options
Seigla
Seigla Posts: 172 Member
...I just let them happen. I always think I apparently am more hungry, usually when I've a handful of days of eating less calories than I need, so that it is time to refuel; of course energy-wise, but also refuel my motivation.

I don't want to push myself not to eat when I really want to, because I think that doing so may create a negative relation with food.

But of course I try to be smart; on such days I try to drink more water, eat more vegetables, etc to reduce the amount of calories I eat.

Usually the next days I need way less food, so I can compensate for it. Also it helps that I exercise a lot (I easily burn the equivalent of a kg of fat because of exercise alone). Still it would be nice if those days didn't happen, but apparently that's how my body works. It does slow my weigh loss process a bit.

How do you handle those hungry days? Do you allow yourself to overeat, or do you stick to your diet?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Seigla wrote: »
    How do you handle those hungry days? Do you allow yourself to overeat, or do you stick to your diet?

I exercise more so I can eat more.

Yesterday was a hungry day. I ended up walking a brisk and hilly 7 km so I could have a little bit extra to eat. :)

• Seigla
    Seigla Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Seigla wrote: »

I exercise more so I can eat more.

Yesterday was a hungry day. I ended up walking a brisk and hilly 7 km so I could have a little bit extra to eat. :)

Good strategy! Do you also always feel much less hungry after such a day?

I exercise a bit extra too. Yesterday I burned around 1200 calories with exercise + 2000 base = 3200 calories. I ate around 3700 ;)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry I ignore it, like all my feelings because I'm a big manly man and that's just what we do.

But seriously I have never felt so hungry that I had to eat. If I'm hungry and i don't have any more calories left. I just wait till tomorrow. Being hungry for a few hours isn't going to kill me.

I think in the past year I have gone over my calories like 3-4 times I can remember. Times like Christmas parties were I went over in spectacular fashion with the number of drinks I had.

The weekly graph looked like a giant middle finger.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I do my best not to allow them to happen.