fitbit flex or one?

Options
which is better?

getting one today not sure which to go for!

Replies

• ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love my Zip! Wasnt interested in tracking my sleep.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use the Fitbit one. Works great. Have not tried the Flex. For me I hook it to my bra strap. I think the only difference is where you wear it. If I had the wrist one it would abuse it a lot more, bumping into things, getting it wet.... Both will do the job. Good luck!!
  • Jimmahh
    Jimmahh Posts: 1
    Options
    I think the One is more accurate but the Flex is something that won't accidentally end up in the washing machine.
  • CheriBC34
    CheriBC34 Posts: 6
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ZIP!! I know I sleep well, so I didn't need to pay $50 for something to tell me that I am! LOL!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump...one day I'd like to get one.
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got the Flex and am already trying to send it back. It's COMPLETELY inaccurate. I'd take it off for hours and it would still report calories burned for that time away. It looks very cool, but past that, I would say it's useless. I haven't tried any of the other Fitbit products but the Flex was pretty off-putting.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    One

Flex counts hand movements as steps.

One is more accurate, you can see your progress in actual steps, distance, calories, floors as you go without the need to rely on a phone that MAY sync with it or a PC to check.
  • thedrmoose
    Options
    What is a zip' I'm not familiar with it? Thanks
  • skrentz
    skrentz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the One. Really like it. When I got it there was no flex or zip. I do track my sleep, but kind of just for fun. I would probably go with the zip if I had the choice when I got it. I just bought the zip for my Hubby for Fathers day. I prefer either of them to the flex (without trying it though) because I can tuck it in my bra or a pocket and no one knows its there.
    Also I have had a good experience with their customer service. It takes a while, but they stand by their products!
    Good luck
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I got the Flex and am already trying to send it back. It's COMPLETELY inaccurate. I'd take it off for hours and it would still report calories burned for that time away. It looks very cool, but past that, I would say it's useless. I haven't tried any of the other Fitbit products but the Flex was pretty off-putting.

Actually it's reporting calories from midnight.... they all are. You don't stop burning calories so nor does the fitbit. It's meant to show ACTUAL calories you burn through the day...and it does just that. You wont get a refund based on that argument cause it's working how it should.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I bought the flex and it's expected to come in within the next two weeks. I'm hoping it works well. I hope it's not as inaccurate as yours. All the reviews seem quite positive but I'm a little scared now.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! Where are you getting one that is in stock? I ordered the flex online with a groupon and brookstone coupon and got it for $55.00 but I have to wait until July 10th to get it. Can't wait. I chose the flex because it was more like a wristband. I was afraid that the one would go through the laundry if I forgot about it. I've already done that with pedometers. Or....I would forget to put it on before I left for work.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have had a one since Feb and I really like it. I have to say though, I would like a flex. Just because it would be less likely to fall off. I keep my one clipped to my bra. Over the last 4 months, the casing for the one has stretched a little due to body heat and taking it in and out to charge...I keep a tiny little hair band around it so it doesn't fall out of the clip. I often forget to track my sleep anyway and don't make a habit of looking at the screen. Just log into my dashboard or my phone to check. Does the flex track stairs? I can't remember....
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra and love it. last week I upgraded to the Flex. DON'T BOTHER! The band did not close. I wrote them 4 times to return it. It took them over 5 days to respond. Their customer service is horrible. I would look int alternatives. How bout a BodyMedia? I would never recommend Fitbit.
  • primdaisy
    primdaisy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the one and love it. My boss has the Flex and after seeing her's, I'm glad I went with the FitBit one. It's small, so you can hide it. And you can read the info right on the device where the Flex requires you to plug it into the computer to see the info. And I didn't want to have to wear it as a bracelet, esp when I want to dress up. Hope that helps! :happy:
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The one thing I do like about the Fitbit One is you can look on the unit to see your info where as the flex you have to go online or look at your phone. I don't have an issue with clipping it on my pants and I actually forget it is there. I like the sleep tracker as it shows me some good info.
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use the Fitbit one. Works great. Have not tried the Flex. For me I hook it to my bra strap. I think the only difference is where you wear it. If I had the wrist one it would abuse it a lot more, bumping into things, getting it wet.... Both will do the job. Good luck!!

I love my ONE, I also wear it on my bra. Cant say enough good things about it!!!
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It can't count calories if it's NOT ON MY PERSON. I have 45 days to request a refund for any reason, so it's going back.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am returning my Flex. It is garbage. Save your money.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! Where are you getting one that is in stock? I ordered the flex online with a groupon and brookstone coupon and got it for $55.00 but I have to wait until July 10th to get it. Can't wait. I chose the flex because it was more like a wristband. I was afraid that the one would go through the laundry if I forgot about it. I've already done that with pedometers. Or....I would forget to put it on before I left for work.

I went on Amazon.com and the slate ones were in stock. That was the quickest we could get it, and ebay they are going for 150 + shipping. It seemed like the black ones are on extreme backorder (8-10 weeks). My husband ordered it for me, so I hope he ordered the right one...lol.