How to gain weight in your booty?

Options
2»

Replies

• DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just wondering how? Is there a special diet for that? Loool or is it all Exercise?

Weighted Hip thrust for the win. Always with the thrusting...always with the winning!!

Maybe do 4 or 5 sets of 10-12 reps with as much weight as you can do. You will rapidly increase weight over the coming weeks. Have a dedicated Glute ONLY day and find one other day to add in hip thrusts. Slam some high glycemic carbs with solid whey protein for that special glycogen refueling pump afterwords.

Bret Contreras explans it here. At my house we use an EZ bar with Olympic Bumpers. As you increase weight you'll want a good padding. Consider the Hampton Thick pad...we love it.

How to hip thrust:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBrHdatPj9g

After hip thrusting I would consider the Sumo Box Squats and other exercises performed in this video below....got my wife on a program in this manner and OMG!! The difference in first 3 months...money! Should have found this a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-XcuBfllg

Keep thrusting my friends....

• ladybluu562
    ladybluu562 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, why is this my first time ever seeing that move, THANKS FOR THAT VIDEO!
  • ladybluu562
    Options
    Squats are a little overrated for booty gains unless you're going to squat all the way down like hams touching calves, if not, your quads are doing most of the work as the glutes are activated the most beyond parallel - most people don't have the flexibility to safely do this, you can practice without weight to get into a resting squat, but you'll most likely find this very difficult in the beginning. Contrary to popular belief a full, deep squat once you have the hip flexibility is safer on the knees than a parallel or above parallel squat.

Two exercises that will really build your glutes are barbell hip thrusts (activating more glute muscle fibers than any other exercise) and *Romanian* deadlift focusing more on the hamstrings and glutes than a conventional deadlift. The Romanian deadlift will take some practice but it'll build a beautiful backside. Squats and normal deadlifts will definitely help build a solid lower body, but you may find the hip thrusts and RDL's to build them much better. Also, you have to make sure to eat at a surplus; two words: Peanut Butter.

Nice I love peanut butter! Thanks
  • ladybluu562
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I lost weight, my previously full booty went flat and deflated. I did(and still do) a lot of lower-body focused work (squats, deadlifts, lunges, good Mornings, glute bridges, donkey kicks, etc) and eat adequate protein and calories. Its looking better:)

Yes exactly, people loose their booty when working out, but I need to gain some muscle or whatever back there anyways to begin with. Thanks a lot!
  • ladybluu562
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Eating in surplus + a program like Strong Curves can definitely help. Hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats and deadlifts are your best friends.
    Thanks!

This

• ladybluu562
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Was this a serious question? Did I just read that someone wants to "gain weight" in their butt only? LOL

Sorry for being blunt.. I just had to go there..

Who said anything about ONLY, I think you got to overly excited with negativity, that you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Was this a serious question? Did I just read that someone wants to "gain weight" in their butt only? LOL

Who said anything about ONLY, I think you got to overly excited with negativity, that you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

you did not specify any other areas in your OP ….
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You can certainly spot increase weight. Muscle mass is weight, and you can build muscle eating at a surplus and training certain areas more rigorously than others. Now, you can't control where fat increases, so you have to live with a little of that, but you can increase the size of your (fill in the blank) muscle over time, absolutely. The advice given on here is excellent OP. Utilize all of it in bits and pieces, and ignore those who simply want to argue.

Cheers!
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Side bends and sit-ups.
    baby got back? haha.
  • hannahbayls
    hannahbayls Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Allllll the heavy squats/deadlifts/walking lunges/hip thrusts
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

That TRX plank/glute adduction thing is obscene/mesmeric....
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Not sure what is so laughable about this. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to build bigger glutes. In fact that was my primary objective when I was bulking, and I achieved it with fantastic results. B)

Generation gap.
    For ladies of a certain age the last thing they can comprehend is someone wanting a bigger butt. :smile:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    the more 30ds I do the bigger my butt gets.. not exactly what I want to do but its there so I must deal with what I was given
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    IDK OP, your weight ticker tells me that this booty increase you want more likely won't happen with that much weight to lose first.

I keep reading people talking about Weight Ticker ....What is this and where can I see it ?
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Strong Curves
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

That TRX plank/glute adduction thing is obscene/mesmeric....

All I know is my wife said she would do those if i bought her the TRX. So we now have the TRX.