Work out or blow out?

Options
I exercise 4 times a week. I try to exercise early so I do it. But there is a difference between a decent work out and one where I'm useless for the rest of the day. I try to do a blow out once a week to really push. (I take a killer TRX Class). What's the right way to do this? Should every work out try to be a blow out? I'm not sure I could work out before work if it knocked me back that far.

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If a high intensity workout is tuckering you out for the entire day, there's a good chance you're not refueling properly post workout. Make sure you're eating enough to fuel your body through the intensity of a workout like that.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Also, I would suggest a pre-workout supp 30 minutes before your workout.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Not every workout should be a balls to the wall "killing it" kind of intensity.
  • mccanns725
    mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Since this app does not give strength calories I don't eat any extra calories for Those work outs. I mentally considered them to be extra burn calories. Should I be upping my intake when I do a high intensity work out or just packing my calories with protein?
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Once a week a high intensity workout is OK fuel the workout with extra calories/if you add a protein supplement make sure you take it 30-45 minutes afterward to keep the muscles firing.