Downward Plummet Day

Options
Wondering if there's others out there like me.....I'm a teacher and every summer vow that THIS will be the summer that I'll lose that 10 pounds I've always wanted to lose. Problem is that I have very good intentions and actions EARLY in the day/summer and it just spirals downward from there. Here's a pretty typical (summer) day for me:

I wake up and take my dog for a pretty good walk. Eat a healthy breakfast. Go about my responsibilities of the day (grad classes). Hit up the gym. Come home, have a healthy lunch. Try to do SOMETHING in the afternoon that does not involve me sitting around (today it was yard work/mowing).

Then by like 3:00, I'm done...ready to throw the towel in. Ready to eat any and every sweet thing that I can think of....I've drank more than 8 cups of water, and have stayed under on calorie count, but I just get so sick of trying to do a good job, and things start to plummet downward....

Does anyone else feel like this? Any good suggestions to stay on track the WHOLE day??

Replies

• pajamamama
    pajamamama Posts: 61
    Options
    For me, it is absolutely essential that I not let myself get too hungry. If I get super hungry then all my willpower and better judgment goes out the window. Making sure that I eat something every 2-3 hours really helps to keep me on track morning to night. Weighing my food and having healthy stuff around is also really important on my days off from work, as I still tend to want to munch on something when I get bored. I'm doing a better job of not being an emotional eater but my tendencies are definitely still there.
  • bukley
    bukley Posts: 1
    Options
    NOTE: I love to eat and drink. I will eat a whole box of cereal or a whole cake if it's in my house...in one sitting!!!, so I know the siren song of sweets.

If you really need something sweet:
    - Eat some protein
    - Chew gum
    - Eat frozen fruit (grapes are great)
    - Get low-carb chocolate (if you eat too much at one time you will pay a price).
    - Get some Crystal Light and make popsicles
    - Do Push-ups/ Sit-ups/ Jumping Jacks...whatever every time you want sweets
    - Keep temptation out of the house
    - Meditate

Above all, if you slip up, just make a better decision on your next meal.
    Keep Strong!!!