Any way to get JUST non-asterisk items in a food search?

Options
smrybacki
smrybacki Posts: 78 Member
Just curious as I would like to first check those items and only get into "User added" items if needs be.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • smrybacki
    Options
    Thanks. That kinda sucks lol...but I'll buck up and deal with it :smile:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Forget whether an item has an asterisk or not and look for the confirmations. There have been many user entered items that have been confirmed by as many as 100 others so I know it is accurate. As much as possible, I only use items that have 5 or more confirmations.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Most fruits and vegetables will come up without the asterisk if you add "raw" when searching.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    smrybacki wrote: »
    Just curious as I would like to first check those items and only get into "User added" items if needs be.
    it can depend on how you search...

Chicken - breast meat, raw, etc typically gets me usda entries...

Where as if I search roast chicken I get user entered
  • smrybacki
    Options
    Thanks folks. Been using this for quite a while (> 5years) and I was really just wondering if there was such a thing as an "advanced" search somewhere really. Confirmations make a huge difference indeed, but it would be nice if you could really detail a search query more too.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Thanks folks. Been using this for quite a while (> 5years) and I was really just wondering if there was such a thing as an "advanced" search somewhere really. Confirmations make a huge difference indeed, but it would be nice if you could really detail a search query more too.
    should be part of premium...a clean usda/manufacturers database only...no user entered items to be seen by general public.

I want to see my entries but no one else should...

Note that MFP. I might consider paying if you did that
  • smrybacki
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    should be part of premium...a clean usda/manufacturers database only...no user entered items to be seen by general public.

I want to see my entries but no one else should...

Note that MFP. I might consider paying if you did that

Great point and I was expecting that when I got the Premium as well. No soap.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you ad USDA to your search you will frequently get better results.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    rbakedq wrote: »
    If you ad USDA to your search you will frequently get better results.

Those can be user entered tho...still have to be checked.