need some motivational help

Options
Hi my name is Stephanie I am a 44 year old mother of 3 and grandmother of 2...I'm trying to get healthier not only for my family but mainly for myself. I am not happy with me you see and although I was almost 250lbs and I have lost down to 211 I seem to be stuck. I am a truck driver and it is extremely difficult to 1)eat healthy and 2)find the time for exercise and I get down and then I just throw my hands up and quit. I don't want to be that way anymore but motivating myself isn't working. I do go with challenges but can't seem to find one I can do with my job. .I don't know what to do but I do know I want. .need to do something. Thank you for listening. .Stephanie

Replies

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you can't motivate yourself, nobody else will be able to. But you just need to eat at a deficit to lose weight, exercise isn't necessary. I'd have thought the physical stuff involved in loading and unloading your truck would burn more than a few calories anyway. If you really want to exercise, see if you can find some short workouts online - there are quite a few good ones out there that'll take no more than 30 minutes of your time. When you're struggling with motivation, knowing you only need 30 minutes can help. As for meals, you could pre-prepare your meals before you hit the road.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hi

Lots of people are going to tell you how to diet effectively. f you ahvent done MFP and calorie counting before then you need to focis on obtaining an accurate consistent deficit and you will lose weight. Weigh your food, dont restrict, but moderate portions. Doing that will be your principal mean s of weight loss and exercise is a bonus that principally benefits you for fitness (also very important).

Just 2 aspects.

1. Eating healthy isnt required, but managing your diet for nutrition will help you stick at it, feel full, have more energy etc. Although your job means its difficult its by far from impossible, you simply need to organise yourself so you have food that you cna prepare in advance and take with you i.e be well organised and have enough knowledge to know what healthier choices might be wgeb on the road. Fast food neednt be the end as you cna have Mcdonalds, just moderate the amount and dont do it every day.

2. Exercise, then dont put it on a pedestal and realise it cna start just with moving moe, so try walking 15 minutes a day and build from there. You cna develop yourself a home workout of 30 minutes a day and that will help. Walking and swimming are also great starters, but generally try to move more, it all helps.

3. Getting down= Prepare yourself mentally for the long journey ahead, when you understand what you are doing, how it works and realise there will be bumps, but that you know how to get past them with consistent deficits, then you will lose and that will encourage you to continue. Realistic expefctations are 1-2lb a week and you cna get a reasonable idea of how long it could take by looking at 1lb a week, even though you experience a fast initial water weight loss. Do the basics right and you will be successful. Break it up into small parts like each day, per lb, per week and dont use weight as the only measure, every little helps.

4. Finally if you hit a bump, bing etc, then dont panic, learn from it log it and try to make better choices the following day. This thread is a good starter on what you need to do, then adpat it to suit your lifestyle.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck