Going To Try Eating & NOT Weighing In

Hi MFP(ers)! So I'm going to try something new for next month - I'm going to try eating. And not getting on the scale. I figured out my TDEE and shaved off 20% (like so many of you recommend). I'm going to log my calories faithfully every day, along with my workouts. No more low calorie days and no more pigging out days. I'm going to stay at the recommended calories.

Since this calorie amount is significantly higher than what my body is use to eating - I know I could put on a few pounds at first. Or not lose anything. So for the next month - NO WEIGHING IN. Once I start treating my body better I think it will give up the pounds it's holding on to.

I know this post is random - I just wanted to put it out so that it is written down and forever in cyber space. :smile: Feel free to leave me some positive comments back.

Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Good luck!
  • Simply_Karen
    Simply_Karen Posts: 18 Member
    I too wish you the best with this. I recently had to come to the same sort of conclusion. Friend me if you need some cheering along the way!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    That's great! Just know that it can take anywhere from 4 -6 weeks for your body to adjust. I gained between 8 and 10 lbs the first two weeks, but lost that plus a couple more in about 4 weeks.

I recommend you read this post because it will definitely give you an idea of what to expect.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience

BEST OF LUCK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    I was at 1301 calories and my TDEE is at 1700, which is VERY scary and TOO EASY to fill with junk food. I have been ranging 1400 to 1600. Good luck
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    I was in a weight club for 3 years where we weighed in every Thursday morning, if we gained an ounce we payed
    2 dollars. I disbanded the club because I hit my goal weight of 165. This morning weighed myself and was 169.
    Started the club again.
  • Please let us know how it works... I am eating around TDEE -20% (1438, but I average 1400-1500 daily), but I only weigh once a week. I think once your body starts adjusting you'll feel better and what not!

Good luck!