Keto Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Is there a certain way i should eat everyday, like does it matter what i eat as long as its low in carbs? Im on day 3 and i usually keep it under 30g. I eat thinks like lettuce, spinich, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, chicken,turkey, broccoli, and certain sauces, butter, olive oil and dressings. Thats about majority of what i eat. Am i doing it right?
    kvalhion wrote: »
    I am on day 1,460 and still going strong! :) Actually I do not always do strict low carb, but I was able to follow a paleo-low carb hybrid and lose 78 pounds over one calendar year (May 2010 to May 2011). It's been four years and I've maintained the loss pretty well.

In general I stay away from processed foods. I avoid rice, wheat, corn. I focus on plenty of vegetables, occasional fruit, lean proteins (chicken and turkey), eggs, fish, and occasional red meat, along with healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil). Minimal dairy.

Doing this I do not have to weigh foods or count every calorie. Low carb naturally reduces my appetite and helps me feel full and satisfied with smaller snacks or meals. Once I get over the sugar craving, its pretty easy to settle into a habit of not eating carbs other than vegetables.

I've also taken up Crossfit off and on over the last two or three years, so going low carb / calorie deficit hasn't really helped but it hasn't hurt that much either. I've gotten stronger and in better shape despite not replenishing my carbs.

I'd say education is always key -- learn the facts. Try it out. If you enjoy it and it works, great! If not, there are many other approaches to healthy eating that work for a lot of people. Good luck

Yes, you are doing it right. There are no magic foods that put you in ketosis. Everyone is in and out of ketosis all the time. What you're trying to do is make it a constant state instead of one that comes and goes. You'll find all the info you need in the 3 links I posted earlier.