Eating Disorder Recovery- Would love supportive friends!

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Brianna. I'm 23 years old and I'm recovering from EDNOS.

I have an amazing life with my husband, but I can't do recovery without some support from other people who are recovering...because you understand the struggle way better than someone without an ED...no offense to my hubby lol.

I'm counting calories because I binge a lot if I don't. I want to be healthy, and binges obviously prevent that from happening.

If I don't count I also sometimes restrict, which leads right back to a binge.

I want to be HEALTHY and STRONG.

Help <3 Friend request me if you want to be active friends!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You mean OSFED. EDNOS no longer exists.
  • monkeysocks84
    monkeysocks84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Brianna,
    I too have recovered from an eating disorder, anorexia to be exact. It is hard to balance everything and keep your mind on track but it sounds like you have a great support in your husband, add me as a friend if you want and we can support each other :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    You mean OSFED. EDNOS no longer exists.

It seriously doesn't matter.
    Same frigging thing.
    So instead of nitpicking over an acronym that means the same thing, provide something useful.

OP, I was never officially diagnosed with EDNOS when I was in high school but had a lot of the symptoms.
    I definitely struggle with binges, every so often the thought of restricting crosses my mind but I don't listen to that voice anymore.

I shall send you an FR, I may not get the struggle exactly but I've got some insight.
    And I wish you well on your journey to recovery (only phrase I'll use journey for lol)
  • recovering_bri
    recovering_bri Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @lishie_rebooted and @monkeysocks84 Thank you for the support! I added both of you :) You ladies rock!

and @myheartsabattleground I think it's completely useless that you made that comment. It is the same thing. It's not like EDNOS can no longer be used. I'm well aware of that new acronym...but don't come at me like I'm wrong for saying it.
  • MayEleventh
    MayEleventh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with eating disorders for years, anorexia, ednos/osfed (it really doesn't matter. really. I do research on EDs and we still haven't all switched to osfed) but my most recent (and longest) diagnosis is bulimia. I'd love to be supportive in any way that I can!
  • sophiesianadair
    sophiesianadair Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too suffer from EDNOS and trying to recover, i only joined MFP today to maybe see if this tracker will help. Hopefully you wouldn't mind being friends :)
  • dragonflydreamer94
    dragonflydreamer94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in recovery from bulimia with restrictive tendencies. Looking for supportive friends as well. I am medically overweight so my goal is to lose weight but healthfully.
  • monkeysocks84
    Options
    Gonna probably sound stupid but what is ednos?
  • wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • cath1111
    cath1111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Brianna! I'm Cat. I'm in the same boat right now. I am definitely recovery-oriented, 24, and engaged. Trying to figure out what "normal" is for my body after 8 years of struggling. I would love to support if I can.
  • mycaptain_2010
    mycaptain_2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Bri, I've been thru a similar situation and still battle with some things today. After being with my husband for 4 years I finally admitted my disorder just 3 months ago. He is as supportive as he can be but like u said it's a little difficult for them to understand. It's a daily struggle so I know what ur going thru, feel free to add me or reach out to me if you need encouragement and support!
  • HAS415
    HAS415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's tough. I sent you a friend request. Stay strong!
  • monkeysocks84
    Options
    Gonna probably sound stupid but what is ednos?

Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified

I see thanks, never heard of it like that ☺