Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello!

hi, my name is Simon. I'm 20 years old and I've just started using this forum. I started my journey to become fit and healthy early on in December 2014. I started off at a massive 21 stone (295lb). I am now 231lb as of present. I now require a tummy tuck for my flanks, rib cage and main part of my stomach. This is due to having stretch marks since the age of 12 due to a massive growth spurt, and also from being overweight since about the age of 14. So I have been to see the doctor and to have this surgery free (UK resident) I need to lose another 1 stone and 7lb (21lb). I'm finding this really difficult to budge now. I am eating around 1200-1600 calories a day, and exercising for 50 minutes a day on the crosstrainer between 65-70 rpm. According to calculators this is burning around 800 calories a day. So far this week I have used the machine for a total of an hour and 40 minutes (tonight I'll be using it for another 50 minutes, same again tomorrow) but for some odd reason I've gone from losing weight to putting it back on. At the beginning of the week I was 106.2kg, having just gotten on the scales tonight I am 108.9kg! It's very disheartening to see myself gaining weight after being so good all week.....could this be water weight? Am I eating too much salt which is making me retain water? Please help!!!! By the way I am 5 foot 10 :) male!

Replies

• Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    It could be water weight especially if you are sore from workouts, or perhaps you are gaining some muscle. If you don't think that's it try a different type of workout, you need to change it up so your body doesn't get used to the same thing. If you routinely do the same workout your body adapts and you end up burning less calories than when you started. Are you tracking your food as well? MFP will tell you the sodium of what you're eating and what you should be eating. You're doing great don't get discouraged now.
  • simonfishburn
    simonfishburn Posts: 6 Member
    I think I do need to change things up! I've been doing the same exercise (crosstrainer cardio workout) for months now, and suddenly I just seem to have stagnated. I'm quite a large bodied guy naturally so I know for a fact I'm never gonna look "slim" per say, but obviously body fat is something everyone can tackle. I have been "living" quite a lot lately, sometimes go out for a nice meal or a few drinks, never anything Overbthe top but it has gotten a little more frequent lately. Maybe my body is only just adjusting for that! Haha. I'd like to try running or swimming as swimming is a full body work out but I don't feel confident enough to take my top off in a public pool as of yet. Running, I don't want people to see me jiggle! I do my cardio 4-5 times a week in the comfort of my own home in front of a TV and with loud music so I can really get lost in the zone