Wraps

Options
My cousin is constantly touting her newest "business" that's something to do with magic wraps that rid you of cellulite, fat, wrinkles, thread veins and who knows what else.

Sounds like a scam to me, some sort of pyramid scheme probably. If there was a magic wrap out there we'd all use them.

Has anyone actually used them and were you happy with the results? I'm on the verge of posting a status about my own pyramid scheme. It's free and all you get is an envelope in which is the magic formula to weightloss and better skin: eat less, move more and drink more water.

Shh don't tell anyone. I could make a fortune.

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol your instincts serve you well
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In the 50s they wrapped and it did nothing. In the 60s they wrapped and it did nothing. In the 70s they wrapped with saran wrap and it did nothing....and on and on it goes.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but based on talking to friends they aren't half bad if you're trying to sweat out some quick water weight to squeeze into a dress or get your picture taken into a bikini.

Then again, I think I read a blog post where you can make your own with like... $0.10 worth of plastic wrap and some baby oil.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You make it sound so dirty ^
    :p
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    They basically make you sweat out some water weight. You're correct in that you are better off saving your money and that they are pretty much a scam.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Might see what I can make happen with some cling film!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Go see Bad Boy Bubby :D

• FitForL1fe
    Options

plastic-wrap-mummy.jpg
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    A lot of my FB friends (and former classmates) are getting into those MLM schemes.
    So far, I'm seeing posts for wraps, those fingernail press on things, Shakeology, and makeup.
    They definitely don't work, and they're stupid expensive for a snake oil product.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ughhhh I have several friends selling this stuff. It's a waste of money.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    The naive are easy to convince. Hence, they are the ones who end up supporting the business even though they are the "sales" people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My cousin is buying these same stupid wraps. She is convinced that they somehow helped her fit into a pair of pants that had been too tight "for years". She isn't even overweight.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My cousin is constantly touting her newest "business" that's something to do with magic wraps that rid you of cellulite, fat, wrinkles, thread veins and who knows what else.

Sounds like a scam to me, some sort of pyramid scheme probably. If there was a magic wrap out there we'd all use them.

Has anyone actually used them and were you happy with the results? I'm on the verge of posting a status about my own pyramid scheme. It's free and all you get is an envelope in which is the magic formula to weightloss and better skin: eat less, move more and drink more water.

Shh don't tell anyone. I could make a fortune.

fct_ae75fa2d7e7fed6.jpg
  • mgb5
    mgb5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's true! It's a copay called it works. It helps with stretch marks the best but I did loose 1 inch over night!
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    mgb5 wrote: »
    It's true! It's a copay called it works. It helps with stretch marks the best but I did loose 1 inch over night!

lol seems legit
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who signed up to sell that stuff. Now he's signed up with some other similar company to sell stuff. I don't see how he can be successful at it. He works at a funeral home. I doubt they'll let him sell to the grieving and his other customers are dead.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Are we related? I just 'unfollowed' my cousin on FB for touting this crap.
  • kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have actually used the wraps and research the ingredients beforehand. Most of the ingredients reduce inflammations. I find it interesting that so many people on this thread are saying they are sweating it out when they encourage you to drink water while using the wrap. Anyway I lost 2 inches on my waist after 72 hours and it still gone after 2 weeks.
    People usually start a business when they like a product and want to share what they love with friends - P.S. I am not an It works representative.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    I have actually used the wraps and research the ingredients beforehand. Most of the ingredients reduce inflammations. I find it interesting that so many people on this thread are saying they are sweating it out when they encourage you to drink water while using the wrap. Anyway I lost 2 inches on my waist after 72 hours and it still gone after 2 weeks.
    People usually start a business when they like a product and want to share what they love with friends - P.S. I am not an It works representative.

2 inches in 3 days eh
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Right.