I lost my baby...

Options

Replies

• bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Please, please don't blame yourself. This wasn't your fault and there probably wasn't anything you could have done to change the outcome.

Make sure you continue to get good medical care and let your partner and other loved ones take care of you.

It is ok to feel depressed or angry. Please come back for hugs and support when you feel the need.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss and don't have any idea what that must feel like, but I do know you will be okay in time. Everything happens for a reason. Right now, concentrate on you. You wont feel better overnight, but in time you will feel more like yourself again. Please do whatever you need to get through this; I know it isn't easy.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's not easy I lost my first pregnancy in september, and evidently thinking I'm pregnant I'm not according to recent HCG tests even though I havent had a period since March.

Take time to grieve over the loss of your child. I like to think that our children were so delicate so fragile that this evil cruel world was too much for their little souls. However, he/she will be there for you to hold when your time on earth ends and youll be reunited forever.

Cry...memorialize your child. Men do not understand dont expect it. We mother's with angel babies understand your loss and we all weep for you. Lots of hugs.
  • Tresor
    Tresor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your SO. Please take care of yourself.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So Sorry for your lost. Be encouraged and know others are praying for you during this sad time.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have lost three babies by mc. Everything you're feeling is normal. So is hope. Don't give up and don't feel bad about what happened. No one wants to hear this who is going through it (I certainly did not) - mc is truly natures way of protecting the mom and baby from future difficulties. After my three MC - I had three health back-to-back-to-back full term healthy pregnancies with no problems. Good luck to you and hugs!!!

First, let me say I am so, so deeply sorry for your loss.
    Secondly, I agree with all of the above statements. What you're feeling is normal but please try not to blame yourself.
    It's good that you're talking about it. I think you'll find the more you talk about it the more women you will find have experience with MC.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss
  • andimeg
    andimeg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...i really appreciate the support...at first i was hesitant at posting about this but i really need some other form of release...

i always blame myself for this but i guess it won't help at all...so yeah i'm trying to take it easy on myself...thanks for the prayers too...i really need them...

Please try not to blame yourself. I had two miscarriages at similar times in their development as you and, as my doctor told me over and over, there is not one thing you could have done to prevent it. There was a problem, and your body just knows what to do. It is so hard, but take the time you need to heal.
  • jidmomma
    jidmomma Posts: 1
    Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss. I have lost 3 of my own, at different stages of pregnancy, and it is very hard to grasp. I promise that it will get better in time. My only advice is to not shut out the people around you. They love you and will be there for you. I will say prayers for you and your partner. You will meet your sweet baby again and what a happy reunion that will be. Hugs!!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about the loss of your baby. I know how devastating that is! You need to give yourself some time to grieve and to heal, both emotionally and physically. Even if you can't exercise, you can eat right. That will help you to heal and feel better about yourself. Once your doctor says it's ok, start exercising slowly - walking is always good. Don't overdo it. You need to take care of yourself so you'll be able to take care of a baby when the time comes!
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    We haven't "met" as I'm quite new here but I am so very sorry for your loss! You and your partner are in my thoughts!
    Please try to be kind to yourself. Allow yourself to grieve and to recover. Everything else can wait right now ((hugs))
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've also experienced that and it is still painful. Many prayers for you.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs)) :cry:
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's not easy I lost my first pregnancy in september, and evidently thinking I'm pregnant I'm not according to recent HCG tests even though I havent had a period since March.

Take time to grieve over the loss of your child. I like to think that our children were so delicate so fragile that this evil cruel world was too much for their little souls. However, he/she will be there for you to hold when your time on earth ends and youll be reunited forever.

Cry...memorialize your child. Men do not understand dont expect it. We mother's with angel babies understand your loss and we all weep for you. Lots of hugs.

Actually, some men do...
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. Be sloppy with logging and throw your guilt to the side. Heal your heart first...the body can wait a while longer.

I am so very sorry for your loss <3
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Please be gentle with yourself and FOR SURE don't worry about your weight for a while. Grieving and coming to terms with this loss is your most important job right now.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for all you are going through. I had a miscarriage about 6 weeks ago, and the worst thing I did was try to get back to "normal" as soon as possible. Even though I physically felt fine, and my OB cleared me, it was a month before I could do things normally again (physically). I started seeing a therapist a couple of weeks ago and that has helped a lot on the emotional side. Take time to grieve, and forgive yourself. And you do not need to be strong for your partner. You need to feel what you need to feel. Please allow yourself to do that.
  • manders376
    manders376 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I too am so sorry for your loss and send much love and prayers to your and your partner.

As others have said take time to heal and do not blame yourself. There is nothing you could have done. It is so unfortunate but for some reason miscarriages happen early in pregnancy sometimes for no known reason.
  • mvanzante
    mvanzante Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry if it's weird having a guy respond, but my wife is not on MFP. We went through 2 miscarriages back to back in 2012 and they were absolutely devastating, more so to my wife than myself. Recovery was not easy and while sometimes people said things that were helpful, often times things they said trying to comfort her only made her more upset. Grief is difficult and people don't always know how to help, but we learned to extend grace and realized people's good intentions when their words were offensive.

For my wife it was especially hard for her to see other people post ultrasounds on Facebook or announce their pregnancy before the end of the first trimester without a care in the world. She had to stay off FB for a long time because it was not healthy for her.

In my opinion, do what you need to distract yourself from the pain. Watch movies, read books... whatever things you love to do that don't require exercise. The heartbreak will take time to heal and you don't have to work through all at once.

And, as you already said, do not blame yourself. There is no end to the questions you can plague yourself with - "What if I had done this or hadn't done that?" You will never know the answer to any of those questions and thinking it was somehow your fault will only make things worse.