Getting Fit before I turn 27

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have heard so many positive things about MFP, I figured I would finally try it.

I am 26, 5'6, and weigh about 165. When you look at me, I don't look obese, or really even "overweight", but my BMI is definitely high and I can easily find the extra pounds around my lower stomach, love handles, legs, and upper arms. Even my cheeks are a little fuller.

I want to achieve a body where I consider myself both FIT and HEALTHY. And, I want to get there before I turn 27 in December of this year. That does not mean I have to be perfect, just happy about my fitness and health levels.

My Plan:
May 28 (today) - May 31: Get in the zone. Remove clearly unhealthy things from diet. Eat less calories. Do some form of exercise. Purpose is to make the jump into my new lifestyle a little less daunting.

- Develop full eating plan and purchase groceries.
- Develop workout plan that is doable while working my full time job.
- Take before pictures and post
- Create weekly blog

June 1: Beginning of 6 month journey.
December 1: End of 6 months journey. Reassess to determine what I need to do to maintain and keep this healthy lifestyle.

Sub-goals:
- Increase running from 2 miles to 4-5 regularly
- Attend hot yoga more frequently
- Incorporate weight training into workout
- Eat drastically less sugar
- Eat more fruits and vegetables (concentrating on veggies)
- Drink more water
- Only drink wine, preferably red wine

Please add me if you have any similar goals. I'd love to support you all and plan on logging every day and being active in forums every couple of days. Thanks!! :)

Replies

• missdenisse510
    missdenisse510 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal in mind for my 25 birthday! You got this
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My goals are similar to yours as well. Send you a friend request :flowerforyou:.
  • ulindat
    ulindat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same plan here for 3 months of the summer when I am doing an internship. New place - fresh start. Good luck!
  • SugarySummer
    SugarySummer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You got this. You already have an awesome plan set out. I just turned 25 and am doing a similar thing. I just want to be healthy and shed the extra weight I've been carrying forever because I can "start tomorrow"
  • JennettMaryann
    JennettMaryann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

You seem to be all set to your fitness goal, and I have a feeling you'll get there sooner than you think :smile:. I'm following a routine I got at fitdistrict.us that a friend recommended a while back. I'm already seeing major results, but I still have to get my body to the perfect ratio which won't be too long!

I'm 26 at the moment, and have developed a very good metabolism during the course of the guide. I'm hoping to get my body ratio attained in a few months now! Probably before October at this rate.

Good luck everyone!