meal preplanning help

Options
I'm looking for some advice from other busy people who are able to preplan/prep their meals with fresher/homecooked choices. I'm doing ok losing weight and meeting goals, but between 2 jobs, a baby, and the diet and exercise, my meals end up being the easiest reasonably healthy choice possible (which are all obviously sky high in sodium) I think I just need some quick and easy prep ideas from other people who need 30 hours in their 24 hour day as well =) so that lean cuisine and protein bars aren't my main source of calories. Thanks!

Replies

• chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Me last night I fried up 12 portions of meatballs (3 1 ounce balls per portion) throw them in the freezer, when I want some spaghetti and meatballs grab a bag out of the freezer throw them in with the sauce and about by the time the water is boiling for the pasta the meat and sauce is warm probably a 15 minute meal.

Fruit is always a staple for me it is no prep time just eat and go
  • mi_lady
    mi_lady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've started making a whole bunch of protein ahead of time for the week. For example, on Sunday I marinated then baked a whole bag of the frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Then I put them in individual tupperware containers with frozen vegetables and freeze them. This way I have a stack of meals to grab for lunch and dinner for the week. To keep it from getting too monotonous I use different spices, flavorings, etc. Its much easier for me to talk myself out of stopping for carryout if I know I have a meal at home that will be ready in 5 minutes.