Looking for friends to inspire me

Options
jbarber500
jbarber500 Posts: 8 Member
40 something, empty nester, learning how to eat better, need some motivation to exercise, 210 lbs for the last 10 yrs or so, enjoy friendly competition to motivate for exercising, looking for accountability as well. Anyone need the same? I would love to work together.

Replies

• dlurvey
    dlurvey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been 190-240. Currently 233. I am 5'6". I have hated being this big for the last few years. Empty nester as well. Busy work life as I have started a new position in February. Even more sedentary than my last position. I miss walking everyday. Found out 2 years ago that I have arthritis in my feet, but I am trying to push through the pain of pounding the pavement. With the added weight, everything feels like a major chore. I have lost 7 lbs this time around with MFP. I have been doing this for 8 weeks now. I forgot to click on the button to complete my entry on Sunday, so the count of consecutive days starts over. Well you can friend me too for accountability if you would like. Every bit helps. Have you used MFP before?
  • jbarber500
    jbarber500 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello thanks for writing! Yes I have used in the past but not been real faithful. This time around I'm really committed. I've lost about 7 pounds in the last 5 to 6 weeks. My job is also very sedentary I sit all day long. My husband is disabled he is an amputee so he can't walk with me. He works too and evenings are difficult to exercise because it's our time together. I know that I need to do both exercise and watch what I eat. It seems that I will do okay with one or the other but to do both is a real challenge. I want to fit exercise into my routine somehow and to make it part of my life but every time I try I end up giving up.
    I would definitely like to friend you and just be a support to one another maybe and maybe we could have some friendly competition to hold each other accountable.