Starting out...

Options
So this time, I am going to lose this weight. I'm 5'3, 26 years old, and weighed 225 yesterday. Earlier in the week I weighed 235, hence my embarking on this journey...I had my son last July and topped out in my pregnancy at 235, after he was born and everything settled I was 209, which I was pleasantly surprised by. I had only gained 10 lbs during the actual pregnancy.
I've always been overweight, 170 being my average low, but I've worked 3 night shift jobs and gained 10 lbs a year.
So I have selected a 1800 calorie a day diet on the more protein heavy side, I am breastfeeding, and the c25k plan. I want to sign up for a 5k in early august, but frankly I'm scared to spend the money and not be able to do it when the time comes.
I have completed the program once, but it was still torture when I was done! And then I stopped, I didn't give myself and goal besides "do this program". All my previous running ventures have been on treadmills, the last time barefoot on the treadmill, but now I'm moving outside due to financial constraints (single mother working full time and on leave from another one till my elbows heal).
So yeah, I guess I'd like to hear success stories, and any advice that anybody might be able to offer! I don't know how I am going to do this, I just know that I need to :)

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40 pounds with just watching my calories. It was slow, but taught me a lot about how I was eating and what I really shouldn't be doing, and will hopefully help me the rest of my life. Not going to lie, not every week is perfect! And a year or so ago after the holidays, I kinda stopped keeping track for a while and gained weight back. But I got back on the wagon, and doing good so far. I can now wear size 12 again (can't actually wear smaller due to hip size), I do a much better job with watching my calories and eating better, and several shirts I bought when I was my heaviest are now a little to big on me. I'm now moving on to Step 4: Profit! XD
  • vicenney
    vicenney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and weigh 222 lbs. I was down to 209 then shot up again after starting new job. I'm hoping this app helps as well as the support.