Are waist trainers REALLY dangerous?

Options
So everyone has been talking about waist trainers lately and I have to admit that they sound tempting to me. Are they really as bad for you as everyone says? Has anyone used them?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No. Let me find my other post about them and i'll repost it here.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Waist training is something you should only consider going into because you love corsets and WANT to waist train. Beware: wasit training does re-arrange your organs and it can over time make it to where you NEED a corset because you atrophy core strength.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now if this is the products you're referring to are falsely called "waist cinchers". They are in fact NOT a true waist cincher (a type of corset) as they lack laces and boning. They therefore do not offer the level of compression or support an actual corset does to perform waist training.

Waist training with corsets IS real but involves steel boned corsets being worn for many hours a day for months at a time. This rearranges organs and narrows your ribs.

These "waist cinchers" are only closed with a fish and hook lock at the front of the corset and contain no boning. They are made of neoprene (non breathable material) to help you sweat.

So let's get this straight. If you're asking about the above It's a compression garment similar to spanx, made of material to make you sweat, and only intended to be worn for a short duration of time (while exercising).

Any benefit you'll receive from this product will be incredibly minimal and temporary (water weight).
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thank you!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Your waist does not have a brain, is not affected by reward or punishment and thus cannot be trained. Just eat at a deficit, strengthen your body and save your money.