Calorie Goals

Options
Hi All!

As I am getting closer to my goal weight I am having trouble figuring out what my calorie goals should be each day. As I have been logging my weight loss my calorie goal was automatically increasing (1200-1300) however today I went into the ‘Goals’ section to review everything, did not make any changes and now it has put me back to 1200 a day. I am wanting to lose around another 3kgs and although I am not stressing about a goal date to reach this by I think I could do this by August/September. I have gone onto other websites that have even been estimating around 1800 calories a day. Does 1200 sound right? Should I put it back to the 1300 it automatically updated it to before? Does anyone know why this would have gone back to 1200 from 1300 considering I didn’t make any changes to the goals?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    if you've been logging your calories accurately and weighing yourself at the same time every day, you should be able to get a very accurate number for your TDEE. Much more accurate than the calculators.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week, eat that amount and a portion of your exercise cals. Simple!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where the 1800 is coming from. If that is your TDEE, then 1200 would give you a weight loss of 0.5 kgs per week. You can drag it out longer, if you like, but 0.5kgs per week is fine for most people, and should allow you to reach your goal well before August/September.

Switching between 1200 and 1300 is probably because of a switch between pounds and kilograms. A 1 pound per week weight loss would be 1300 calories while a 0.5kg per week weight loss would be 1200 calories.