Fitbit Help

Options
Hi

I've just purchased a Fitbit flex and just wondering if I should've got the Fitbit Charge HR as I'm looking for automatically & accurate information on the calories I burn through exercise that I do.

And what I gather the flex can only track walking and running and as I do a lot of kettlebell and insanity workouts. I'm wondering if the the charge HR would be better.

Sorry so confused after reading so many specs lol

Yvonne

Replies

• genlo
    genlo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've got the charge hr. Used to use a polar ft4 for workouts the charge he says I burn the same amount t of cals so assume it's fairly accurate. I also do insanity and grit seris at the gym .. Love the fact that I don't need a chest strap anymore. I sous say if you can upgrade to the charge hr
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight & maintained for eight months with a Fitbit Flex. I upgraded to the Charge HR because it has a secure buckle, like a watch. And because it comes in purple.

With the Flex, log all non-step exercise either in Fitbit (that's what I do) or in MFP.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I'd get the Charge HR if I could swim with it. But alas that is not to be. I have tried swimming with my polar but short of taping the transmitter and strap in place, there is no way to keep the strap and transmitter from twisting on push off.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    No, you can't swim with a Charge HR. Swimming must be logged either in Fitbit or in MFP. (Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your Fitbit burn during that time.)