BREAKFAST?! can you lose weight without it??

Options
2»

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Calories don't know what time it is. As long as you eat when you are hungry and stay within your calorie range, you are fine.
  • HealthierCarol
    HealthierCarol Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight, I did my workout first thing in the morning and didn't eat until about 9 AM (I got up most days at 4:30); it was something light, not a full breakfast, that I could eat quickly at my desk.

Now that I'm retired, I've gotten into the habit of eating breakfast first, which is still an hour after I get up since I take meds in the AM that require me to wait an hour before eating.

After reading your posts, I'll have to try my previous way, because having breakfast early does tend to make me want to eat more and more often.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    My lost 48lbs says yes. I never eat breakfast, I can't stomach food too early in the morning, it makes me feel nauseous, so I don't have it. I usually eat some time around 11am or a bit later. Different things work for different people, and it's Ok. There is no set rule about eating times for anyone. :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ChristopherMoser17847
    Options
    It Is A Fact That people Who Eat Breakfast In the Morning Weigh less Than People Who Don't... Most Of The Research I Have Been Doing Comments Eat A Good Breakfast Consisting Of Whole Grains,Fruit,Protein And Milk With A Intake Of At Least 700 Calories Actually Jump Starts The Body To Burn Fat...On Another Note Proteins And Whole Grains Actually Keep You Fuller Longer So In Turn Makes You Want To Eat less...Hope This Helps
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I skipped breakfast most mornings and lost 46lbs.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It Is A Fact That people Who Eat Breakfast In the Morning Weigh less Than People Who Don't... Most Of The Research I Have Been Doing Comments Eat A Good Breakfast Consisting Of Whole Grains,Fruit,Protein And Milk With A Intake Of At Least 700 Calories Actually Jump Starts The Body To Burn Fat...On Another Note Proteins And Whole Grains Actually Keep You Fuller Longer So In Turn Makes You Want To Eat less...Hope This Helps

Your First Post, Strong It Is.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning eater. When I make myself eat in the morning, I am starving all day and more likely to overeat. I usually don't eat until around noon, and I have my biggest meal (between 800 to 1000 calories) between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m at night. Time of day makes no difference in terms of weight loss. I've lost 90 pounds eating this way. This is the way I ate before I lost weight (in terms of time of day), and it will likely be the way I continue after I lose the rest of my weight. Eat on a schedule that works for you. There is no hard and fast rule for when to eat.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

Ya, no. This is not true for everybody. If it works for you then great.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Fun fact: When I eat close to when I wake up, I wind up barfing when I brush my teeth. Breakfast is not for me. Thankfully, I've managed to lose 30 lbs in 120 days without a problem.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Another vote for if skipping breakfast doesn't make you binge at lunch, don't worry about it.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast. I am doing just fine loosing weight.
  • Fezaltin
    Fezaltin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You will loose weight as long as you're in a caloric deficit. You do not have to eat breakfast.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,147 Member
    Options
    After reading your posts, I'll have to try my previous way, because having breakfast early does tend to make me want to eat more and more often.

I'm funny like that too. My husband can eat breakfast and be fine for hours. But I eat breakfast and it is like I've flipped a switch to "ON", and I'm ravenous for the rest of the day.