Thermogenic advice...

Options
dianncosby
dianncosby Posts: 4 Member
So I just bought about $100 worth of thermogenics and was wondering do they really work? I've been loosing weight but that's because I've kinda been starving myself and I don't know if I can give credit to the thermo or that it's an appetite suppressant orr.. Idk. I also got a waist trainer and that suppresses your appetite aswell soo I'm not sure if my money is being used well...
I got SST non-stim yellow thermo capsuls, and Black Onyx by SX-7

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you could do your own trial and eat the same stuff for two weeks using the pills in one week and no pills in the other. Now you've bought them you may as well use them as I doubt they have a negative effect.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you've wasted your money but like yarwell writes - do an experiment.

How about just eating at a deficit and tracking your food?
    If you are way undereating "starving yourself" you know that isn't particularly healthy or long term sustainable?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You are already invested in the products... I would have posted this question before I wasted my money.
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What Evgeni said.... In case you don't know - when you come off your diet of "starving yourself" your body will hold on to all the calories it can = fat gain. But build some muscle and you turn your body into a food burning machine, you eat normal portions and never feel hungry, and still lose fat. But you probably know that already ;)

To your question - if you have bought them, use them, they won't hurt ;) but there are so many natural thermogenic foods that you can integrate into your normal diet... Just increasing your protein percentage intake per meal will achieve the same effect, or cooking spicy meaty stirfrys, and drinking LOADS of water - if you change your eating habits to that you won't need to spend $100 on supplements, the magic will happen all by itself!

Here's a good article: http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/metabolism-tips.shtml
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    OP - its all a learning curve :-) as people have said they may or may not work but after investing in them I would experiment to see if they do. As katsuninja says though, although the cultural message is that starving ourselves is good I have learned that this is incorrect and is not just ineffective but also detrimental to my long term goals.

I would have a look at this link and read the sub-links. It will take a couple of hours but if you take on board what is suggested it will allow you to change your life forever (it has done for me anyway because before finding out about my body I was similar to you, (I think most of us may have been) . Good luck

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    KatsuNinja wrote: »
    What Evgeni said.... In case you don't know - when you come off your diet of "starving yourself" your body will hold on to all the calories it can = fat gain. But build some muscle and you turn your body into a food burning machine, you eat normal portions and never feel hungry, and still lose fat. But you probably know that already ;)

To your question - if you have bought them, use them, they won't hurt ;) but there are so many natural thermogenic foods that you can integrate into your normal diet... Just increasing your protein percentage intake per meal will achieve the same effect, or cooking spicy meaty stirfrys, and drinking LOADS of water - if you change your eating habits to that you won't need to spend $100 on supplements, the magic will happen all by itself!

Here's a good article: http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/metabolism-tips.shtml

Oh, hey I was ready to blast that link because usually metabolism tips are full of horse puck. That one is relatively ok. I wouldn't count on the green tea though - the effects are minor and it is being over sold in there. And the power of water is also meh. Active lifestyle counts for a lot more.

But yes - eat a little less, move more, eat a bit better.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Don't waist train. For goodness' sake.