ATTN COLLEGE KIDS!!!

meg0112
meg0112 Posts: 344
edited September 21 in Recipes
Easy to make, cheap cheap cheap dinner! I used a skillet and stove, but you could easily do the same thing in a microwave!!

Ingredients:
- 1 (5oz) Can Tune
- 2 cups frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 3 cups salad mix (any kind. I used Santa Barbara but buy the store brand thats on sale!!)
- 1 package duck sauce (left over from a take out night)
- 1 package soy sauce
- Kraft Light Sicilian Garlic Balsamic Dressing (35 cals in 2 tbsp a-woo-hoo)

Put florets and can of tuna in skillet (or microwave safe bowl) and season with the duck and soy sauce (I had these in my drawer leftover from a take out night). I also added curry powder and red pepper because I like spicey food and I had them in my cabinet but you could use whatever you have, hot sauce, salt, pepper, whatever you like. Cook until the frozen florets are ready. On medium in my skillet it took about 10 minutes, the bag has microwave instructions. Put salad lettuce mix in a bowl and top with the tuna/broccoli combo and the dressing.

EAT!

Calories: 302
Carbs: 27
Protein: 39
Fiber: 7
Fat: 5
Sodium: 1,073

Yes its high in sodium, but when youre eating on a budget you concede to the sodium, just drink an extra glass of water!

This is also great bc you can really adapt it anyway you like, any frozen veggie or salad dressing or seasoning you have on hand! You can easily make this in a dorm room!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.