I get close and then I can't get there

Options
vinerie
vinerie Posts: 234 Member
One of my goals is to be in the "healthy" BMI category (Yes, I know BMI is an imperfect measure, but I think being in the healthy range is a safe goal). Anyhow, I have come thisclose to getting there, which is 187 pounds for me. I got down to 193 and I'm thinking "Yes! I can do this!" But weight has gone up up up since then and I know these are daily fluctuations, but maybe dipping down to 193 was a fluctuation, also.

Anyhow, I've lost a little more than 10 pounds, and in my entire weight loss history of my life, I can usually lose 5 pounds with a lot of work. Maybe I've done 10 before, I'm not sure. Right now I'm at 12. I see these people with 30 .40+ pound losses, and I just feel like such a failure. How do they do that?? I can't seem to get much past 10 :(

And I guess what sucks even more is that I think I eat generally healthy. Steel cut oats with blueberries and 1/2 oz of almonds just about every morning, save for the infrequent egg breakfast. Lately, lots of salads (lettuce from my garden) with soybeans and chicken for lunch. I make many of my own dinners; maybe we go out to eat once a week. And when we do I've tried SO HARD to make good choices. I order fish, I pass on the bread basket, etc. etc. Yesterday, I ate a bit of ice cream and POOF 1 pound up. I feel like I can't divert AT ALL from the plan as my body immediately gives me negative feedback on the scale the next day.

I"m just venting. I know this is a long process, and I know people say CICO works, but jeezus I run on the treadmill, I walk my dog for a good hour every day, I eat clean and then I have a glass of wine or some cheese and POOF the scale figuratively raps me on the wrist with a ruler.

I just can't seem to get momentum going and this is SO mentally time consuming to log every day, constantly think about what everything weighs. It's mentally exhausting and I feel like I put so much mental energy into this that I wonder sometimes if it is worth it.

Okay, I just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading to anyone out there who can relate...

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I can relate. This process is really beating me down lately. I'm in the same boat with knowing what I need to do, I'm not asking for advice, it's just not working for me like it should and I'm getting very frustrated.

So I feel you. Sad fist bump.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am a certified member of the slow losers club too :) When I was within5 pounds of reaching "normal" BMI this spring, my losses came to a screeching halt and it took forever to finally hit that magic number..... I have slowly made my way down another3 pounds eeking out 0.5 lbs every 2-3 weeks no matter what I try :/ Still have 5 pounds to go to reach my goal, which at this rate won't be until Thanksgiving or so unless it just stops altogether LOL. We have to keep the faith! I told someone the other day this losing weight thing feels like a never ending science project! Best wishes to all the slow loser club members out there <3
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh every day? Might be good to only weigh in once or twice a week - and not immediately after a treat. It can take off a lot of the mental strain.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am a certified member of the slow losers club too :) When I was within5 pounds of reaching "normal" BMI this spring, my losses came to a screeching halt and it took forever to finally hit that magic number..... I have slowly made my way down another3 pounds eeking out 0.5 lbs every 2-3 weeks no matter what I try :/ Still have 5 pounds to go to reach my goal, which at this rate won't be until Thanksgiving or so unless it just stops altogether LOL. We have to keep the faith! I told someone the other day this losing weight thing feels like a never ending science project! Best wishes to all the slow loser club members out there <3

Thanks for the supportive words!