Challenge: 5 Minutes EVERY Day

Options
33Freya
33Freya Posts: 468 Member
What would change if you committed to working out just 5 minutes per day?

That's all. Walk, ride, pushups, squats, dancing, stairs, etc etc etc -any exercise- Only 5 minutes: but every day.

What I think could happen:
1. You'll think about exercise every day- it will be on your mind, if only for 5 minutes. When we keep something in front of us, we're likely to get excited about it.
2. Most of us only need 5 minutes to get started- I bet you'll keep going on some days
3. You'll feel good about this small daily change
4. Once it becomes habit, it'll grow to 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes, depending on your day
5. Better Fitness will ensue.

Just 5 minutes. Run up and down the stairs on your break, take a walk at lunch, do lunges in the shower as you condition your hair, get creative. Good luck.

Replies

• JenforHealth
    JenforHealth Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good ideas. I have come to the reality that just to create new habits is the important thing. Even if short times, it all helps and eventually I feel better and want to do more. Like parking farther away at stores. It all adds up!!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes it does- and while 35 minutes of exercise isn't enough to stay healthy (according to the American Heart Association, we need at least 150 minutes per week), it is enough to get started!
  • katvogel
    katvogel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need something like this to get me motivated!