Is it normal to start very slow?

Options
2»

Replies

• ruelpal
    ruelpal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could have written this! I've lost like 3-4lbs in 3 weeks. I also have PCOS and weight similar to u. Fitbit and my fitness pal..
    I guess I could do better with my diet but doing a protein shake in the am and logging everything is a start right....?
    Ugh:-/ friend me if you would like! I need friends on this journey!
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Slow progress is still progress, rememeber that. You'll continue to learn what works for you. Not everything people suggest works the same for everyone. The truth is, there may be guidelines for certain things, but that bell shaped curve does really exist, we are human and therefore we are varied. Still with it, the weight will come off.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I feel as though I had written this a few months ago! I started January 2015 at 230 lbs 5'5". Throughout this entire process I have been making slow progress, but I have also been making steady changes to ensure that this is a lifestyle I can commit to. Throughout all of January and February combined, I only lost about 3 lbs. I was incredibly discouraged, but I am glad that I stuck with it! Now I am stronger and faster than ever before, as well as 21.2 lbs lighter and down almost 14 inches. Just keep with it and focus more on making healthy changes for yourself rather than the number on the scale! When I hit a plateau I keep repeating that to myself and it works every time!
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Have you been measuring yourself? If not, start doing so now and keep track of your measurements, say once per month. You can also take pictures. Sometimes we don't see results on the scale. Don't get discouraged!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    starting slow can be good because it helps you make the adjustment into a new lifestyle. It makes it more likely that you will stick to it and continue to do better.
    3lbs in a month is good :smiley: