2nd Weight Loss Journey To Lose 100+ Lbs

Options
riss526
riss526 Posts: 36 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. My name is Marissa and I'm starting my 2nd weight loss journey to lose 100+ lbs.
A brief history about me is that I've struggled with my weight my entire life. Even as a young grade school kid.
When I was 19, I started my first weight loss journey and in about 1 year I lost 110 lbs.
I maintained that weight loss for a little over 2 years, but after the comfort of my long term relationship and a pregnancy, mixed with eating terribly and not exercising, I gained all of the weight I lost back, plus some.
When I first started my weight loss journey almost 6 years ago at 19, I weighed approx. 265 lbs and made it down to 155 lbs. For me being 5'8" and with my body frame/structure, being 155 lbs had me in a size 7/8 pant and a size S/M shirt size.
I am now about 275 lbs. Heavier than I was before.
I am actually in week 2 of my 2nd journey and have been eating cleaning and working out almost every single day.
I can already feel a slight difference in my stomach... but cannot wait to continue with my journey and hope to see great results.

Replies

• traciepowell16
    traciepowell16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have struggled to lose. I am just under 300 lbs and am tired of hurting all the time. I gave up soda pop, and decided if I can do that I can do anything. My daughter is getting married next year and I am bound and determined to be fit and healthy for that day. Any tips are welcome.
  • lili89
    lili89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is also my 2nd time here I lost 40lb the first time then got pregnant gained it all back and some more and have started back at 250lb with a goal to lose 80-100! Welcome to add me as a friend! :)
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    traciepowell16, I had the same goal...LOL...my daughter's wedding. I managed to lose 43 pounds in about six months. Her wedding was on 5/16/15. Now, I am floundering around for a new goal. I allowed myself freedom from the constant portion control for two weeks, but didn't gain any weight.

My best tips are:
    Procrastination..."If I still want this in 15 minutes, I'll let myself have some.' I usually forget all about it by the 15 minute goal.

Drink Water: When I think I want to eat, or have a craving, I ask myself "Am I thirsty?" Usually, that is the problem. I go have a bunch of water, then procrastinate.

I start doing SOMETHING...but NOT TV. I can do one of my hobbies...they all require sitting...but I become all consumed. Before I know it, several hours have passed and I haven't been hungry, or if I have, I just dismiss it 'until I get this part done' You got it...by that time, I'm not so hungry...LOL I can't do active exercise on most days, so I don't really have the option of an active hobby.

*shrug* works for me.

• riss526
    riss526 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing is taking my laptop out to the garage where my treadmill and elliptical are and putting on an episode of something on Netflix and working out the entire 45 minutes (give or take 2 or 3 min) usually on one of my machines and with weights. It gives you a time frame and you can catch up on your TV shows lol