Reverse Dieting

Options
2»

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »

her issue is different than what layne discusses, and according to lyle mcdonald, layne is full of it. There is no scientific backing to anything layne is saying. sorry...

He addressed the research part of it in the video, and was giving advice based off of what his experience was, he was very clear about that. It was only meant to give the reasons why a lot of people choose to reverse diet.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    This seems like a lot of woo to me to be honest. If your metabolism has changed due to dieting it'll only be a small fraction of a change. I wouldn't overthink this. Just eat at a modest deficit, or your maintenance cals if you're looking to maintain.

Mine dropped 500 cals in 10 weeks. I'd already been dieting for about 15 weeks prior to this 10 week period....

@Sarauk2sf.... By the end of prep I was on about 1000cals. I think I jumped up to 1500 straight away then added cals weekly.

Metabolic rate drops maxes around 10%. So you're pretty much saying your TDEE was 5,000 calories...I am sure you had some issues cutting if you had to go that low with cals, but it's not so much because of the metabolic rate.

According to the BMR tests I had, I dropped from 1300 to 800. Did I diet hard? Yes....but in the last couple of weeks you sometimes have to to get the results you want. Some people adapt more easily - it's great when you're adding calories, not so much when you're cutting them...
  • Hey_Its_Catriona
    Hey_Its_Catriona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Apologies for bumping this, just looking for some more advice seeing as the discussion above got rather side-tracked :)