Favourite Snacks?!

Options
HannahZH
HannahZH Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I'm looking for some more healthy snack ideas.
What's y'all favourites?

Replies

• LovebugHiraeth
    LovebugHiraeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I enjoy celery with salsa, really good low calorie snack. I usually snack on fruits, typically ones that are lower in sugar, like plums or apples.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I made egg muffins; just egg mixed with a little milk, added some chopped veggies and little bit of ham, and baked in the oven. I keep them in the fridge and usually have them for breakfast but they're only 100 cals each so great for snacking and super easy to just pop under the grill and reheat :) I've read that eggs are great for making you feel fuller for longer too and I certainly find that :)

Or Graze box snacks, I'm not great on portion control, so anything that's pre-portioned is great for me!

If I'm craving something sweet I usually go for an apple with a little bit of peanut butter to dip it in, or half a banana with some peanut butter and 1 square of chocolate if I'm pushing the boat out haha.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes. PB2. UNBUTTERED popcorn. Protein shake. Banana.

Occasionally a small serving of junk food. But only if I think I can stop at ONE small serving.

(Not all of these at the same time, though)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Ice cream with berries or bananas.

Popcorn with butter and Cajun spice or brown sugar and cinamon

Chocolate!!!

Whole wheat toast with jam

Pop Tarts

Pickles

Green olives and cottage cheese (yes together)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cucumber and celery dipped in guacamole. Things dipped in salsa... Cucumber with lime and Tajin seasoning or chili powder. Fruit with (light if you want?) whipped cream. Gram crackers with cream cheese and fruit. Cherry tomatoes. Popcorn (low calorie in almost every form, even cheetoes "puffcorn", although it's not really healthy lol). Pickles (0 calories). Carrot sticks and laughing cow cheese wedges (each one is 35calories). Fried onions and bell peppers with cheese. Veggies and dips of many kinds. A "35 calorie" vegetable soup I make..I make it in large quantity and eat the leftovers throughout the week when I get hungry between meals. It's great with hot sauce. If you don't mind some processed food there is bread that is only 35 calories a slice and corn tortillas are 50 so either of those or crackers with cheese are good snacks as well. Cucumber sandwiches mmmm small mini rye bread slices, cream cheese mixed with italian seasoning is spread on it..top it with cucumber and add dillweed on top. Chill. Eat. Soooooo good! Potato pancakes with sour cream. Here's a version of that cucumber sandwich recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/savory-cucumber-sandwiches
  • denia351
    denia351 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies
    Cucumber and smoked salmon
    Weight watchers Popsicles
    Peanut butter with just about anything
    PopCorners
    Chips and homemade salsa or homemade guacamole (no sour cream)

Now I'm craving all of these! ;)
  • JamesScapes
    JamesScapes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. Hummus with whole grain crackers or veggies
    2. Almonds
    3. Tangerine or Mandarin Orange
    4. All Natural Peanut Butter on an Apple
    (The last one is my all time favorite. You can substitute celery for the apple to save a few calories, but the peanut butter at 100 calories per tablespoon is where most of the calories come from).