Nice work!
  • MtnGirl38
    MtnGirl38 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Woot!!!! Congrats!
  • rosalee350
    rosalee350 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Second week is much harder, but holding my own...
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Once your body catches up, it will start to surpass what your brain believes it can handle pretty quickly.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Once your body catches up, it will start to surpass what your brain believes it can handle pretty quickly.

^ ^ ^ Exactly! ^ ^ ^

In fact, I've been through C25K twice now (after doing a year-long 5K2C in between :( ), and I am convinced that it is 80% mental. You CAN run that far . . . It just takes the baby steps to make your mind BELIEVE that you can.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Woohoo! Stick with it. I definitely agree about the mental aspect. One thing that helped me was to listen to podcasts instead of music. I noticed I would kinda mentally calculate how long songs were, etc. to estimate how much time I had been running/had left to run, which just messed with my head. Podcasts are longer so I can "get lost" in the time more easily.

ETA: I'm on week 8 of C25K.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Podcasts! Awesome idea.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Stick with it. I definitely agree about the mental aspect. One thing that helped me was to listen to podcasts instead of music. I noticed I would kinda mentally calculate how long songs were, etc. to estimate how much time I had been running/had left to run, which just messed with my head. Podcasts are longer so I can "get lost" in the time more easily.

ETA: I'm on week 8 of C25K.

That's an excellent idea. For me, it was a bit of the opposite, however . . . I do mental calculations to get 'lost'. Doesn't matter WHAT I am calculating - as long as it takes concentration to do it. (I have always loved mental arithmatic)

I remember at one point I was dismayed to learn that many organized runs do not allow headphones. I wondered if I would EVER be able to run without my music. Eventually (many weeks after completing the second C25K), I took them off as a trial . . . I now actually PREFER to run sans headphones!
  • rosalee350
    rosalee350 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support..
    I will tried some of your recommendations..
    Thank you