Exercise Help!!!

Options
DaniStrange
DaniStrange Posts: 35 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 13 (put simply; chronic back pain and fatigue caused by over active nerves) It was then that I found out that my hips are out of place and do not sit level. After multiple unsuccessful chiropractor visits I gave up on trying to fix it.

I am struggling to find exercises that don't cause my back and hips to be in serious pain
I know that by strengthening the muscles it will eventually help with the pain but getting there is the problem

I usually do a lot of running and hiking, but I recently had foot surgery and have consistent pain so it really limits my physical activity.

Any suggestions???

I only have one set of weights at home and they are only 8lbs so they don't do much :(

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Have you tried massage therapy for the fibromyalgia? It has helped me tremendously! I don't know if you would be ready for yoga yet because of the foot pain, but I think it would definitely help you with the hip and back issues. Swimming may be another good option for you since it is low impact.

Good luck to you and you can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • DaniStrange
    DaniStrange Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    Have you tried massage therapy for the fibromyalgia? It has helped me tremendously! I don't know if you would be ready for yoga yet because of the foot pain, but I think it would definitely help you with the hip and back issues. Swimming may be another good option for you since it is low impact.

Good luck to you and you can add me as a friend if you would like.

Thank you for the advice! I have tried yoga in the past but never got into it fully, but it is definitely something I will try again!I really hate working out inside, I enjoy getting my exercise outdoors playing sports, running, hiking...etc. Things that I can get a work out doing but it doesn't make me feel like I'm "working out" lol. But I do love to swim, its just too cold where I am right now, maybe if I had access to a pool it would be different.

Thanks again!