Fought through the sadness, now I want to live

Options
2»

Replies

• cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear of your struggles, I know only too well how medication for depression can be a demon & cause weight gain. I lost 70 lbs two years ago then started slipping into the depths of despair a year ago due to a multitude of things that have happened in my life over the last decade or so catching up with me, I bottled it all up & took comfort in bad food choices until last September I had a nervous breakdown & was put on antidepressants, I had already gained 20lbs back but the meds added another 28 quicker than I thought possible, the Dr said I had to live with it if I wanted to sort my mental health out, I couldn't do that so in March, I stopped the meds cold turkey, after withdrawal I decided to get on & lose the weight again but am finding it really hard, I think it's stuck on! I won't give up though as I have hardly any clothes that fit and I refuse to buy new in a big size. Feel free to add me as I understand what you're going through with depression, sorry also to hear about your husband