Emotional Eating

Options
I always start off so good then after a few days I go back to emotional and binge eating can some one with the same or similar problem help me how do u fight the cravings

Replies

• jlross1972
    jlross1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing too. It takes time to change your thinking and habits. I usually craving sweets or carbs. My doctor wants me to have a low fat/carb diet. I started out by cutting my portions down. Then added better foods to what I eat. My hubby and oldest are training for a 5k run so I'm training with them. I don't get on the scale unless I'm at the doctor's or dietitian's office. I watch how my clothes are fitting. That's a better motivator for me than a scale. I cut out the pop, anything that is marked as diet food, aspertame, and anything that isn't real food. (i.e. margarine, shortening.) I also really stop and think about if I'm needing those extra calories to curb hunger or if it's emotional. These are just some things that have helped me. Each one of us is different, so what works for on might not work for another. Take it one day at time and as Dori from Finding Nemo says "Just keep swimming."
  • Dinotopian
    Dinotopian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me is feeling like a failure when I set unattainable expectations and focus on long term success. With this issue, it's all about the short game. What I do is I literally have a list of rewards...not food related of course...to track milestones and give me motivation, but also pump me up with short term successes. For me the trick is all about some ME TIME which I never get...so a mani or a pedi will keep me on the straight and narrow. Start small. It depends on what your goals are. For me it's weight loss so I started with 5lbs the first few times then extended to 10lb jumps. If your goal is self control and resisting bingeing then make it about days free from that. Do something you love but never make time for..start with something small as a reward for 2days clear. Then up it to 5...then maybe a week at a time when you really get going. Trust me the endorphin rush of checking off a reward is ridiculously awesome.
  • pattyserenity
    pattyserenity Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, really like these tips and I tend to set high goals and end up failing or quit eating all unhealthy food all together so I tend to give up easliy
  • jlross1972
    jlross1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are times that a craving just won't go away no matter what you do. So ok give in a little bit to that craving but don't go overboard and don't beat yourself up. Start over the next day. Also another thing that help me is drinking water when a craving hits me.
  • pattyserenity
    pattyserenity Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm craving tacos now I'm drinking lemon water