Slow metabolism? Starvation mode?

Options
2»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    measuring is highly inaccurate and probably you eat more than you think.

use a food scale and weigh all your food it can make hundreds of calories difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Occam's Razor ... you're eating more than you think.

If you think eating under 1600 calories as a male then walking three miles is healthy ... you're wrong.
  • Joiner2008
    Joiner2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh and water intake, I drink an average of a gallon of water a day.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who says weigh everything. I've recently been trying to make bread and found out why I've always failed. The recipe called for 3 cups flour (120 or 126 grams per cup, I forget) but the bread always failed. When I used my measuring cups I was 3/4 of a cup over! Now I weigh my ingredients and all my baking is turning out fabulous. Food scales are cheap and I love mine. Just make sure it has a tare function. Good luck on your weight loss.
  • fatoukouka
    fatoukouka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has been saying the healthier the food the better
    The whole point is to eat well ( fresh products fresh produce) and only eat until you feel full. eat high fiber foods and drink green tea to speed up that metabolism!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    fatoukouka wrote: »
    The whole point is to eat well ( fresh products fresh produce) and only eat until you feel full. eat high fiber foods and drink green tea to speed up that metabolism!

Green tea does nothing to speed metabolism.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    I agree with everyone who says weigh everything. I've recently been trying to make bread and found out why I've always failed. The recipe called for 3 cups flour (120 or 126 grams per cup, I forget) but the bread always failed. When I used my measuring cups I was 3/4 of a cup over! Now I weigh my ingredients and all my baking is turning out fabulous. Food scales are cheap and I love mine. Just make sure it has a tare function. Good luck on your weight loss.

My dad says that when his grandmother made bread, she would pull out the flour container, make well in the flour, throw in the rest of the ingredients and mix it until it had the right consistency. I don't use her method, but I don't stress of 3/4 cup of flour and my bread always comes out great.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    fatoukouka wrote: »

Nobody has said that

You can eat anything to your calorie goal and lose weight - hit your protein and fat minimums, get a wide spread of nutritious foods and eat what you love

Green tea is flavoured hot water ..ain't do nothing for your metabolism

Many here follow IIFYM
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »

My dad says that when his grandmother made bread, she would pull out the flour container, make well in the flour, throw in the rest of the ingredients and mix it until it had the right consistency. I don't use her method, but I don't stress of 3/4 cup of flour and my bread always comes out great.

I'm glad your bread turns out great, mine didn't. But I admit I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to making bread.

The point I was trying to make though, is that my measuring cups said one thing, and the scale said another. Weighing your food is much more accurate than measuring. For me weighing everything works better, for weight loss, and for baking.
  • Joiner2008
    Joiner2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    well...I suppose I should start weighing food then. I have a small scale. We'll see how the results are
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Joiner2008 wrote: »
    well...I suppose I should start weighing food then. I have a small scale. We'll see how the results are

Good first step.
    Log. Give yourself time, you'll see the change.

How do you feel about satiety an adherence. Think you can stick to this for 3-6 or more months?