One Week Down-No Change!!

Options
Shan0Marie
Shan0Marie Posts: 22 Member
Hi! I'm Shanon, and I'm very frustrated (poor intro, I'm a nice person too)
I started really being serious about my food diary on Monday. I've weighed and measured everything, I've stayed under my calorie goals, I've even made it to the gym multiple times this week!! Wonderful!
Except that scale. That relentless scale. It simply won't budge. I weigh myself first thing in the morning to avoid complications of food through the day/water weight/etc as much as possible. Nodda. Zip.
No wait, I gain. 02lbs this morning... There was that.
My diary is open and honest and I could really use some feed back. I know not evening is healthy in there, but I stay under everything ever day. Also, feel free to add me, especially if you have an open diary. I'd love to see others success to stay motivated!

Thanks!

Replies

• Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In the same boat!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good. Are you actually weighing the food or just guessing weights based on packaging?

Mostly I would say you just need to be patient. I've gone more than a week without loss and then had a lot drop off in a couple of days. You body is probably still adjusting to the change in your intake.
  • Shan0Marie
    Options
    I weigh everything on a food scale, use measuring cups, and count. I made nachos yesterday and literally counted every chip I was using in that recipe, then counted to make sure I was getting exactly half. I've weighed and measured EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth :/
  • michaelabennet
    michaelabennet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am getting frustrated too. I log all my foods and all my exercise, but all I seem to do is lose a little and then gain a little. I think I am losing inches more so than pounds but I would love the number on the scale to go down too.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything
    Dont use cups use the scale.

A week, your diary suggests 5 days and your post suggests impatience. You need to be at a consistent deficict for a period of time. Cups are not accurate. At the small levels of exercise burns you are doing then id suggest not eating back anything or keeping it to 25% , especually if MFP is calculating.

Dont be so obssessed by the scale its only one measure, stat using ape measure and fitness records for progress.
    At over 70lbs to lose then you are looking at over a year i.e its going to take many weeks, so prepare your mind that it will take a long time and its not really helpful to start getting frustrated at not even a week in.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything on a food scale, use measuring cups, and count. I made nachos yesterday and literally counted every chip I was using in that recipe, then counted to make sure I was getting exactly half. I've weighed and measured EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth :/

Okay that's great. :)

Nachoes are high in salt. A lot of salt is going to make you retain water which will make you not only not loose weight but can make you gain some. The good news is it's just water and it will come right back off.

You just really need to be patient.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Don't consider that you've had "no change" until at least 4-6 weeks have gone by.

One week is nothing. Get used to the idea that there are going to be weeks where the scale is going to not move or even go up.

As an example, I started using MFP in November of 2013, and it took me until May of this year to lose 30 pounds.

You just have to keep doing it and trust in the process.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Have more patience. Give it time. There's no instant gratification in weight loss.

It hasn't even been a full week. You started a new exercise (hello, water retention for muscle repair), you've had sodium (Nachos). Those things can easily mask weight loss. But your #1 culprit is not having patience.
  • Shan0Marie
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Have more patience. Give it time. There's no instant gratification in weight loss.

It hasn't even been a full week. You started a new exercise (hello, water retention for muscle repair), you've had sodium (Nachos). Those things can easily mask weight loss. But your #1 culprit is not having patience.

I know :( it's just so hard when you watch yourself doing mostly right... I want to see those results! I know I'm an instant gratification person, and I realize I didn't put on this weight overnight. I just want to see it move a little so I know I'm headed in the right direction!
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I noticed a couple of things.. 1. what are you drinking throughout the day? Water is best (add lemons and stevia to make it tolerable).. I drink 144 oz of water a day (but I am also going on the 1/2 my body weight in oz of water per day) 2. you are going over in Sodium a fair amount , sodium as the others have said will make you retain water

just be patient :) it will come off!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    IF you've just started working out your body/muscles will be storing water, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll soon see results!