need help with logging homemade foods

Options
most of the food I eat is homemade. from salad dressing to desserts. I am being very careful to log everything I eat but most of my foods are not in the database and I don't know the calories/nutrition breakdown. so i'm unsure how to enter it and it can take me a long time to log simple foods like a new salad dressing or a homemade carrot muffin. is there a website or a tool that I can input my ingredients and it tells me the calorie and nutrition breakdown per serving? if not, any other ideas on how to enter these kind of foods?

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You know what you put in, and what amounts.

So you look at the data for the constituents, do a little math, divide by portion sizing and done.
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just use myfitnesspal's recipe tool. Food - Recipes, and then put in your information. It's a pain if you cook different things all the time but it's very useful, especially if I put the ingredients in before I make it, that way I can adapt the recipe if it's too many calories.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just use myfitnesspal's recipe tool. Food - Recipes, and then put in your information. It's a pain if you cook different things all the time but it's very useful, especially if I put the ingredients in before I make it, that way I can adapt the recipe if it's too many calories.

I just found this tool after being on here for over 100 days and it's amazing! I love being able to put my foods in there. Trying to find something similar is a challenge because I may make that recipe different than someone else.
  • happywife2
    happywife2 Posts: 20
    Options
    that's exactly the tool I was looking for. thanks