exercises for the underside of arm?

Options
I'm down 70lbs, exercising hard and generally looking pretty good (grading on a curve, of course). However, I was doing kettlebell swings in front of a mirror and was horrified by what the underside of my upper arm looked like. I have no non-vulgar analogies for the flabby, lumpy, wrinkled abomination I saw. I don't even know what those muscles are called, but are there exercises that might give them some form?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    those are triceps....

there are a few isolation exercises that you can do to strengthen the muscle but not sure it will get the results you are looking for...

tricep extentions dumb bell
    push downs
    dips
    kick backs with a dumb bell
    http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/exercises/triceps/
  • lei82
    lei82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    They are your triceps, or some people call them bingo wings! lol. Look up tricep extensions, you can do these with a dumbell or kettlebell. Dips are helpful, some gyms have a seated dip, or assisted dip machine, you can also do these at home with a chair. Tricep pulldown and tricep pushdown on a cable aswell. Hope this helps.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Close grip bench press and dips (tricep variation) are going to be the most effective. If it's loose skin however, it may not help.
  • chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lying triceps extensions aka skull crushers by far the best in my opinion! Use a ez curl bar or Dumbbells. If you have lost weight fast you can also try a lotion that helps skin with skin elasticity. I cant remember the name of it but they have some that works really well in maternity stores! I have used it on my stomach and I could tell a difference. Rope push downs work well for tricep definition as well
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Diamond push ups are also great even if you need to do them from your knees as long as you slowly think about using the triceps. Additionally, if you have that odd flabby part of the arm trying to hide in your armpit you should use the lat pull machine. I am not sure why, but this seems like a fairly common problem area for the arms too.